Votes: 141 91.0%
  • No...

Votes: 14 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gjlowe

May 31, 2008
Visit site
As I posted in the comments from the blog post, I am decidedly UNHAPPY with today's events. The only feature that I absolutely NEED on my iPhone is the A2DP support, and guess what? I am locked out because I have a 1st gen iPhone. This is complete lunacy. The amazing Softick Audio Gateway software made my Treo 650 A2DP capable, so I see absolutely NO reason why they couldn't do it here. Utter crap.

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
Finally, someone else who gets it! I make more mistakes in one sentence using landscape than I make in an entire paragraph using portrait.

Landscape is for people who are afraid to type fast and trust the keyboard... plus, it requires far more finger (thumb) movement. Makes no sense. :rolleyes:

This actually reminds me of one of my long-time complaints of the keyboard... it's too TALL. I recently installed an international keyboard extension (via jailbreak) for twitter shortcuts and found that activating it shrinks the keyboard vertically. Makes it *much* easier for me to type correctly on. Only downside is it moves all the side keys right to the edge so that I find it hard to hit them sometimes.

The landscape keyboard, of course, is just freakin' gigantic. Landscape mode is good for viewing but I would agree that I find it annoying to type in... well, at least for emails and such. Maybe if it was just URLs for filling out forms it would be OK. :)

That said, being able to twist the email app, for example, to landscape *is* good. Because there are sometimes HTML formatted messages too wide to be read in portrait and the bugger doesn't let me scroll sideways. So maybe landscape isn't good in this case for the reason they /think/ it is, but I will still enjoy it. :D

Zexel

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
It almost makes me want to get rid of my BlackBerry Bold on my agent line. I only got it to fill in the holes that the iPhone had...Now most have been filled. The one exception is video recording. I would've liked to see that, but maybe they're holding that off for the 3rd gen iPhone.

Now I just have to see if I can give up BrickBreaker, BlackBerry Messenger, and better speakers and just stick with the iPhone solo!

scaliasphone

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site

So you all know already what the new features are... happy or not and why?!

Fanboy hats off.

Listen, 3.0 will finally bring the full features of almost every smart and feature phone out there. It is good. Not Earth shattering.

Other than that, I saw lots for developers, games, and new revenue models for the App store. They gave us up to date functionality, and then laid out a plan to make more $ in the App store.

I don't use my iPhone for games, so this doesn't really get my rocks off. It is acceptable overall, but for 90% of the additions? Eh. I had those capabilities on other phones.

oli_jgb

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
I reckon there will almost certainly be a new iPhone, apple would be foolish not to do one, as it would certainly sell very quickly!
As usual though they will control supply to generate hype!

I think the new iphone, besides the 3.0 software will have a much faster processor and a better camera, possibly with video function, but that's it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm still a bit surprised at all the people complaining about lack of video recording. Just what do you have to take video of all the time? And if you want to shoot video, why would you want to shoot video with a crappy camera?

I don't even like the video quality at 640x480 that my 8MP Canon digi-cam takes at the highest settings, and it takes fine pictures. And I know that is better than cell phone cameras so I don't see the appeal. Do you record yourself just walking around? Do you record your friends just hanging out on the couch or out on the town? What is it? Are you sending sexy videos to your gf?

Or is it that everyone wants to be a news reporter and send in those stupid videos of idiotic comments to CNN or catch the cops beating up some suspect?

I wouldn't think there will be a big hardware update this year just to improve the camera. And the 3.0 OS clearly isn't setup for major changes in how it performs so I don't see them fragmenting the market yet. I'd bet the changes will be increase the storage and change the back to the matte finish.

Last edited:

DVDBob

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm still a bit surprised at all the people complaining about lack of video recording. Just what do you have to take video of all the time? And if you want to shoot video, why would you want to shoot video with a crappy camera?
I'm with you. I also didn't see a dire need for cut n paste or MMS. Of course, look at how other things are popular that make no sense - Facebook, Twitter?!? As you said, MMS and Video Rec. would be for all those people that feel they need to snap inane pictures and videos and send them to all their friends. Sorry, I don't need to know you had a good poop, and I certainly don't need to see a picture of it.

LionInAComa

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey my first post here! I owned the original iphone for about 3 months when it first came out. Many of the things that made me return back to my BB and skip on the 3g have been addressed with this software update to come. I will most likely be leaving Verizon this June/July and picking up hopefully the new iphone itself with the new software.

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I was about to sell my iPhone on ebay but now with all this great stuff I will keep it. I am excited about the push I hope it works as great as they say.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm pretty ecstatic about 3.0. If they follow through with everything they say they will, the iPhone will become, essentially, the "perfect toy."

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zijinqingqing555