iPhone Survives 20 Below Temperature in the Swiss Alps!!!

Vetap

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey bloggers,

I just got back from Switzerland and was taking a tour of the Swiss Alps. As you probably could guess, the weather was pretty cold up in the mountains. I took a mountain train to the Top Of Europe, the Youngfrau; it was about 20 below at over 11,300 ft above sea level.

I had read that iPhones can malfunction or simply break in extreme temperatures, but 20 below was far more extreme than mentioned.

Needless to say that when I was able to go indoors and warm up, my iPhone worked fine and continued to do despite very old climate through out my tour Switzerland for almost 2 weeks.

So Kudos to Apple for creating such a trendy, yet hardy phone!

btw, I am a PC person and had bought the Storm prior to my iPhone. It was my first touch screen PDA; I though that I would be different from my friends. All I can say is that it is not the iPhone Killer by any means...

PS I have really cool pics as proof, but the blog template is not working here... Any suggestions?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I'm visiting Chicago and it got to like 10F to 15F below 0 and was able to make calls and surf, although I didn't take my hand out of my gloves for more than 60 seconds at a time because the wind chills were pretty brutal

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2