Getting my wife an iPhone

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
So I am thinking about getting my wife an iPhone (I wish the 8GB model came in white - I think she would only want 8GB, but would love to have a white one!).

Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

First off, she uses Windows Vista on her computer. Are there an incompatability issues between Vista, iTunes, and the iPhone? I know at one point I read something about an issue, but I never saw if it was resolved or not.

Second, I am thinking about having us use the same iTunes account (one each of our computers). While I know you have limited "activations" allowed, will this cause any problems? We won't be synching the same stuff, but it would be nice that we don't have to buy duplicates of some of the programs, music, or videos we both want. I do know that she would get notifications about having any downloads available (as would I) that we have subscribed to. Anything else?

Chris

Last edited:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Vista had some issues with iTunes 8, but Apple put out an update and now, while not as optimized as the Mac/iTunes integration, it works well.

You have 5 authorizations for your iTunes account, so you should have no trouble authorizing your iTunes for both machines, and hence both iPhones.

App updates should be unique to the machine, so you should both get notifications and be able to update.

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
I am not having any problem with the vista,itunes ,iphone combination. itunes will treat each phone differently depending on the sync settings. My wife and i uses the same library but have different songs on our handsets.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2