Be thankful apple made a program that is compatible with windows, which is by and far the dominant OS?

I'm thinking apple should be thankful. I've already made enough concessions in owning the iphone. I sure as hell wouldn't buy a piece of crap mac computer.
    10-01-2008 10:50 AM
    Be thankful apple made a program that is compatible with windows, which is by and far the dominant OS?

I'm thinking apple should be thankful. I've already made enough concessions in owning the iphone. I sure as hell wouldn't buy a piece of crap mac computer.
    Dominant? Please... you can keep your crashing, bogged down, bsod, pc... Enjoy!

If I had as many issues as you seem to have I'd leave all Apple products and be done with it. But for some reason you stick around...
    10-01-2008 11:04 AM
    I upgraded to 2.1 this week. Safari still crashed when I tried to accessed theiphoneblog and other sites And still can't get good 3G reception indoor. The signal just change from E to 3G back and forth.
    10-01-2008 11:15 AM
    I think AT&T just bolted rabbit ears on their 2.5G antennas and called them 3G. I don't have any problems in Canada, where we pay through the orifices, but have a very solid network.
    10-01-2008 11:27 AM
    All is still great with 3g here in Chicago. Never drop calls or have signal issues.
    10-01-2008 11:29 AM

Piece of crap mac computer? You are a fool if you think windows is better. The next time I get a bsod, a currupt file or a virus on my mac, I'll let you know. The next time my mac freezes or crashes, I'll let you know. I'm all for windows, I own 3 PCs, but to say that mac is crap is ignorant. The only reason windows is more popular is because it is used on any PC, and it is so dumbed down any ***** can operate it.
    10-01-2008 11:37 AM
    I guess I'm a PC owner because it was all I knew growing up. Having experienced the ipods and iphone and been shown a mac by a friend, I'm now quite keen to have a mac. Only problem is, I don't have the money at the moment. If someone wants to give me a nice pile of cash, I'd happily go out and buy a mac as I've been so impressed with what I've seen so far.
    10-01-2008 01:46 PM

you really are dense along with being ignorant. quit complaining about your iPhone and sell it. nobody is stopping you. good riddance.
    10-01-2008 07:57 PM
    LOL..don't think so. But likewise quit complaining about windows. I haven't complained much about the iphone besides its crashes and crappy at&t.

Once again, here's the math. Sprint's unlimited is 99. The same on the iphone is 150. For this premium i get to enjoy using a fantastic device now that it isn't crashing as much on 2.1 but still lacks much of what a palm can do. However, the network sucks, i drop calls left and right, and have a rough time getting a good signal.

These are the concessions. And now someone else is saying we should go to Macs as well and make further concessions? Half the programs i run for business are windows only. Combined with gaming, i see no compelling reason to use a Mac.
    10-02-2008 12:59 PM
    Yea, windows has all those programs because it is the easiest to use for most people who can't take the time to learn a better OS. So therefore more people use windows. Mac OS is so much better. The stability alone puts windows in the dirt. Yes your iPhone is crashing, but guess what, mine doesn't and the majority of peoples don't. You have bad luck. AT&T might suck for you, but it works great for me. Full 3g almost everywhere I go, no droped calls and great call quality.

Like you said, sprint is cheaper, but that is only because they are horrible. Bad CS, bad coverage, and if you like having extra charges on your bill every month or other mistakes, then they are the carrier for you.
    Last edited by avt; 10-02-2008 at 03:03 PM.
    10-02-2008 03:00 PM
    Really, i thought it was the apple OS that was easy to learn and use? First i've heard it go the other way. Windows shows little mercy to those who don't know a lot of about computers.

Sure, the mac is more stable. It has less programs made for it with a lot of things made by apple. Virus makers don't really target macs. But that all aside, the only thing that has given Vista the bsod is itunes. I've not crashed other than that itunes 8.0 update. For me, the gaming alone puts Macs in the dirt. I've toyed around with switching to one now and then..i go price one at apple's site and have to shake my head. No way i'd pay that much for so little.

Since 2.1 my iphone doesn't crash nearly as often. I tend to blame more of my problems on weak at&t coverage at this point but do note that the dropped calls problem is worse after 2.1.

Finally, dude, sprint is much much better than at&t. Cheaper, faster, etc. No extra charges here. Customer service is bad everywhere. Sprint's evdo coverage is much better than at&t's. Sure, this all varies to whatever location you're in. Give me an iphone on sprint and i'm good to go
    10-03-2008 12:04 PM
    Really, i thought it was the apple OS that was easy to learn and use? First i've heard it go the other way. Windows shows little mercy to those who don't know a lot of about computers.

Sure, the mac is more stable. It has less programs made for it with a lot of things made by apple. Virus makers don't really target macs. But that all aside, the only thing that has given Vista the bsod is itunes. I've not crashed other than that itunes 8.0 update. For me, the gaming alone puts Macs in the dirt. I've toyed around with switching to one now and then..i go price one at apple's site and have to shake my head. No way i'd pay that much for so little.

Since 2.1 my iphone doesn't crash nearly as often. I tend to blame more of my problems on weak at&t coverage at this point but do note that the dropped calls problem is worse after 2.1.

Finally, dude, sprint is much much better than at&t. Cheaper, faster, etc. No extra charges here. Customer service is bad everywhere. Sprint's evdo coverage is much better than at&t's. Sure, this all varies to whatever location you're in. Give me an iphone on sprint and i'm good to go
    I have to disagree with Windows being easier to use. That is a first for me as well. The only thing that may be a little confusing to a first time Mac user is all of the little cool shortcuts. But once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.
    10-03-2008 12:25 PM
    How can you say sprints network is faster when every 3g carrier in the US has the same 3g speeds. Plus, hspda has the capabilities to be so much faster than evdo rev a. It's the coverage area. But it is a known fact that sprint is the worst. They are always ranked the lowest and lost around 1-2 million customers last year I think. I will try to find the link later today. And with the mac vs windows on gaming, yea windows blows mac out of the water because there are more windows users so they cater to them. Games are always released on windows first. It is all a matter of opinion thought.
    10-04-2008 09:32 AM
    evdo rev a is faster..sorry. It's not a known fact that sprint is worse. It's simply your opinion.

Those aren't the reasons gaming is superior. The real reason is that windows can run the faster video cards.
    10-06-2008 01:09 PM
    Is EVDO Rev A faster? What about Rev B? And faster than what? US HSPDA? What about HSPUA? What about European HSPA implementations? What about HSPA Plus?
    10-06-2008 01:14 PM
    evdo rev a is faster..sorry. It's not a known fact that sprint is worse. It's simply your opinion.

Those aren't the reasons gaming is superior. The real reason is that windows can run the faster video cards.
    EVDO rev A IS NOT faster. I really don't understand why you think that. It is a known fact that Sprint sucks. This is just one article S&P cuts Sprint rating to just above junk - Baltimore Business Journal:

How can you say they do not suck when they consecutively lose more customers then they gain?
    10-06-2008 02:54 PM
    Let me grab my popcorn...
    10-06-2008 05:39 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD