It Was Short, But It Was Great! My Journey From A Note 5 To An iPhone 6S...

Mdgolf775

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I love my Note 5, I really do. But I'm considering an iphone 6s for 2 specific reasons. I had iPhones from the original through the 5 and went to Android with a Note 3 and then an LG G4.

The first issue is my Note 5 has what I believe to be a hardware issue with the Bluetooth Radio. If i put it in my pocket or even hold the phone in front of me and turn my back on a portable speaker from say a foot away, it will stop playing and after 10 seconds, unpair. I have Bluetooth earbuds for the gym and I can't put the Note in my pocket without this happening. I can even stop the playback and connecting just by holding it in my hands. Never happened with any device before. I put my wifes G4 in my pocket last night and walked 50 feet away from the same speaker and the music played as it should. I've read of a multitude of Android devices suffering from Bluetooth issues and I've lost trust. It's a deal breaker.

The second is the constant nightmare of MMS group messaging with Iphone and Imessage users. Even with all the settings correct (yes, I've painfully researched this exhaustively for any and all causes) on both the Note 5 and friends' Apple devices, there are certain people it simply wont work with. Of course all the iphone users make jokes about Android, but the truth is the entire problem is the closed, proprietary network of Imessage.

I'm kind of fighting it, but those two issues will likely drive me back to the inferior display and the one way in, one way out apple ecosystem.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
For me the android world of customization gave me burn out. Every day I wondered which rom to install and such. Was never satisfied.
With iPhone I can focus to other things and just use the phone.

Agreed (still running old versions of Slimrom on both previous Android devices). But I do miss customizing the UI and having an app drawer.

NasVader

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I impressively read this good article ! . I am using note 5 as well as 6s. Both the devices are attractive. However, the note 5 functions are more useful.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had my note 5 since October. The sale from best buy was really pushing me to the 6s but I think the note 5 has spoiled me.

The screen is amazing as is the camera. I was worried about the whole imessage/group text fiasco, but you can get your contacts to get WhatsApp (if they don't already have it).

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had my note 5 since October. The sale from best buy was really pushing me to the 6s but I think the note 5 has spoiled me.

The screen is amazing as is the camera. I was worried about the whole imessage/group text fiasco, but you can get your contacts to get WhatsApp (if they don't already have it).

If only convincing my iOS friends to use WhatsApp was that easy. Lol Thankfully I'm back on iOS which makes it a nonissue

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I feel the same way. I bought a 6S and a 6S+ in December and the Note 5 a week ago. The Note 5 is now my main phone.

The display is simply amazing. As for the camera, I wanted to take a closeup of a water bottle. The 6S+ had trouble focusing that close but the Note 5 did the job and the picture looks amazing.

I still prefer the iPhone as far as the music app goes and always will. I will continue buying iPhones and the new Note each and every year.

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I've decided, that after many back & forths....to just give in and own the top 2 flagships. So I now have an iPhone 6s Plus and a Note 5. Best of both worlds. One I use for work (iPhone) the other for personal use on my personal line. I'm extremely happy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal