iphone 3gs help

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok a friend of mine is giving me his old 3gs or letting me borrow it till I find a job and can replace my broken cell phone. Anyway I am not a apple person so he says that it is jailbroke but I'm not sure about what version of software. Will the 3gs do mobile hotspot and what version of software do I need? I was planning on using by Sims card out of my blackberry with ATT . Should I be able to slip the Sims card in and it rock ok?

ryanlawrence171

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If your iPhone is jailbroken then I suggest you to use iOS 5.0 version software. Yes, iPhone 3gs can do personal hotspot but not for wifi, you only can use via Bluetooth and USB cable.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
If your iPhone is jailbroken then I suggest you to use iOS 5.0 version software. Yes, iPhone 3gs can do personal hotspot but not for wifi, you only can use via Bluetooth and USB cable.

To do this I had to install a tweak called tetherme for my iPhone 4 running 5.0.1 via Cydia. I'm not sure whether you will have to do the same or whether it is already in the software as normal. I don't think tetherme is compatible with the 3GS, but there are others out there that will work for you using USB. Try tetherme, but I'm sure when I installed it, that it said it only worked for the iPhone 4, but they may have been just for wifi, therefore working with yours on USB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk