View Poll Results: Pleased with your iPhone 3G S?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

159 90.86%
  • No

16 9.14%
    Bought mine at the Apple Store in Peabody, MA. Very pleased with my purchase. I got to the store around 10 AM... There were maybe half a dozen people in front of me... Waited in line for about 30 minutes... Walked in, got what I wanted, and got out... No hassle at all.
    06-19-2009 06:25 PM
    My girlfriend and I went to get our iPhones 3G S 16Gb this morning at 6:30. There were about 30-40 people in line, Staten Island, NY, although the Apple Store was full of employees who were really nice and fast, we had our phones quickly. We had 2 reserved, black one and a white one. Love it. Installed iTunes, filling it with some apps and music, new Wallpaper. This is our first iPhone and I find the battery life really good, it was charged up when we got them and we've been playing with them all day over 3G, over wireless, using the map and gps features, taking pictures, setting up contacts, playing around with the Facebook app, and some games. Called my parents down in Florida and talked to them for over an hour and it's still at just more then half battery.

The only downside was some issues with AT&T, but they were squared away quickly. I have to say I'm very impressed with the phone and Apple customer service, they made the whole experience pretty painless.
    06-19-2009 09:01 PM
    My only problem with the iPhone is AT&T, I have had every iteration of the device. I have said and will continue to say that AT&T f'ing blows. If it wasn't for the fact this device was so amazing I would have been gone a while ago. I'm so disappointed with the AT&T service no MMS even after 2 years and it being add by Apple. Other than I'm very happy with the device itself, just pissed at AT&T.
    06-19-2009 10:10 PM
    I couldn't be happier. This was the best purchase I've ever made.
    06-19-2009 10:18 PM
    I love Love LOVE my iPhone 3GS! =D It's soooo freaking fast. The camera is very impressive, including video. Voice control works great for calls... but not so much for iPod (for me anyway).

I'm extremely happy with my purchase.. but now I need nap!
    Yeah, my voice controls for ipod are pretty lacking, although it does tell me what song I am playing.

Chris
    06-19-2009 10:55 PM
    One tiny issue I'm having with mine is the WiFi indicator... The connection itself appears to be okay but the indicator seems to show very weak signal, even when I'm sitting right next to my router... My 2G/Edge iPhone's WiFi indicator shows full strength. Weird. Anyone else having this issue?
    06-19-2009 11:26 PM
    I am so jealous of u guys! I got my iPhone 3g in Feb 2009 and I can't upgrade until 2010 AHHHHH!
    06-20-2009 02:43 AM
    I am THRILLED with it!!!

I can't BELIEVE how fast it is on both web on wifi and 3G and just in general moving around on it.

AWESOME!!!!!
    06-20-2009 06:48 AM
    My awesome girlfriend surprised me with a 3Gs as an early father's day gift! This phone is noticeably faster than the 3G. I'm actually still getting used to how much more responsive it is. It is also noticeably heavier than m 8Gb iPhone 3G
    06-20-2009 09:03 AM
    My awesome girlfriend surprised me with a 3Gs as an early father's day gift! This phone is noticeably faster than the 3G. I'm actually still getting used to how much more responsive it is. It is also noticeably heavier than m 8Gb iPhone 3G
    Guess its OK now for you to ask her "Who's your daddy?"
    06-20-2009 09:18 AM
    Love my new 3Gs. Like everyone's saying: much faster at everything than my 3G. Crazy difference.

Here's something I noticed that I haven't seen anyone else say yet. The calculator app has a different background than my 3G (which is running 3.0). It is not greyer between the buttons and has a textured look. Either its diff, or my 3G's screen was too dark to show it before.
    06-20-2009 09:41 AM
    I like how there's 4 people who voted "No"

I think there should be some validation in Polling that people should proove they even have a 3Gs... and not a *cough* blackberry.

Sort of like validating before Reviewing an iPhone app :P
    06-20-2009 09:50 AM
    I love it. I'm Not gonna lie. I just feel more content with certain things. Maybe it's just that i had an iPhone already and I spoiled my self.

Over all I would say that I love it.
    06-20-2009 09:53 AM
    It's pretty solid.. I think what I like the best is the screen coating that actually does work against fingerprints..
    06-20-2009 11:55 AM
    After spending less than a day with the 3Gs I am SO glad I upgraded from my Samsung Instinct. IMHO the Instinct is a iphone wannabe that doesn't even come close.

Now if you will excuse me, I still have a few dollars of availability on a couple of my credit cards so it's time to visit the app store.
    06-20-2009 12:12 PM
    SO I just was on my iPhone, using speaker, and saw a few cracks by the volume control already! I read it was an issue on 3G. Is it anything to worry about? Should I contact Apple?
    So I contacted Apple, who told me that I could go to ATT and get a new phone even though I ordered through Apple. Well I was on the phone with ATT for 30 min and he sent me back to Apple. Now it will take probably 2 weeks to get a new phone. Craziness! I don't see why I can't just go to ATT and exchange but whatever if they wanna pay the shipping it's their cost.
    06-20-2009 06:18 PM
    I really love mine. I can't believe how much snappier it is. I did some comparisons side by side with my 3G and couldn't believe the difference. I had a lot of problems with activation,but I finally just switched my sim and voila...activated. I can't believe the 3 AT&T reps told me it wouldn't work.
    06-20-2009 07:26 PM
    First and foremost, props to the FedEx driver who tried to deliver my phone to me 3 times on Friday!

On to the iPhone. Love it!
    The speed is amazing and I'm love the camera and video. The quality is a definate improvement over the previous version. Bonus is having twice the storage that I previously had.

I've raved about it so much that 3 of my friends who are still 3G users are actually going to jump in and upgrade as well.

Now to get signed up with MobileMe ...
    06-20-2009 08:57 PM
    love it and couldn't imagine going back to my old phone
    06-20-2009 10:22 PM
    So I contacted Apple, who told me that I could go to ATT and get a new phone even though I ordered through Apple. Well I was on the phone with ATT for 30 min and he sent me back to Apple. Now it will take probably 2 weeks to get a new phone. Craziness! I don't see why I can't just go to ATT and exchange but whatever if they wanna pay the shipping it's their cost.
    If you got it from Apple, go to the Apple store with your receipt and switch it out. If you ordered online, then you should have the sales receipt that came in the bag. If you ordered from AT&T, go into the store and switch it out with your receipt.
    06-20-2009 10:24 PM
    I made an appointment at Best Buy Friday at 230pm walked in got it activated walked out in less then 30 min no lines. Upgraded from my first gen 8gb so it was huge improvement to me. Everything is fast compared to what I had. Plus 32Gb sure helps alot and got the $299 price. Well worth it!
    06-20-2009 11:00 PM
    If you got it from Apple, go to the Apple store with your receipt and switch it out. If you ordered online, then you should have the sales receipt that came in the bag. If you ordered from AT&T, go into the store and switch it out with your receipt.
    Thanks for the reply...I did order from Apple, which is where my problem is. There is no local Apple store. The first person I talked to told me I could just go to AT&T so I called them and got led back to Apple. Now AT&T has to do some verify thing that takes 7-10 days and then I will call Apple back and place my order for a new phone and ship mine back. It doesn't make sense to me that there are this many steps. So mad that I have been waiting forever for this and now mine is messed up. grr
    06-21-2009 09:30 AM
    The hubby and I picked up our 3Gs yesterday. After being told that AT&T's store didn't have any in stock we headed over to our local Apple store. We were the first in line at that time and apparently just missed a huge line. By the time we got there around 4pm they were already out of the 16g black phones but I was leaning towards white anyway. We were in and out of there in 30 minutes with our new 16gig white iphones. The Apple concierge activated the phones in the store for us and that took about 10 seconds per phone. Everything went so smoothly. I was prepared for the absolute worst and it was just flawless. Nice job Apple Store in Novi, Michigan!!!

We LOVE our new iphones. We both had the 1st generation phones so for us the speed is incredible. I love all the landscape features, copy and paste. The camera is great and I love having a video option. My kids are always doing silly things I'd love to capture. Now I just have to remember I have the option
    06-21-2009 10:47 AM
    Got mine at 8am at At&t with virtually no wait. I gave my 3g to hubby and got the 3gS on his upgrade for $299.

I am really happy with video, battery meter, and peppy loads so far
    06-21-2009 10:55 AM
    Very happy with the upgrades. I guess the fact that I sold my old 3G for $300 and paid $400 for my 3GS makes it hurt my pocket less. *shrug
    06-21-2009 02:07 PM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD