Who’s upgrading? Who’s staying?

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 12 Pro Max is paid off, I’m not seeing too many reasons to upgrade at the moment besides the camera.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m staying on my iPhone 11 Pro.

I have enough expensive gifts to myself for this Christmas with an M2 MacBook Air and Apple Watch Series 8.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As of today, I am not upgrading from my iPhone 13 Pro. With that being said, I am interested in the Dynamic Island feature because it reminds me of the Touch Bar on the MacBook Pro. Is it enough to make me upgrade? We’ll see.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
giphy.gif

No idea

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’m upgrading my 11 Pro to the 14 Pro & keeping my 13 Pro, since it’s paid off & I still love it.

I’m, honestly, considering downsizing to just one phone, but having 2 phones has become a security blanket for me. Idk if I’ll be able to function with just 1

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
T Mobile will be calling me at 10am Eastern to, likely, finalize the Silver 14 Pro Max 256GB.(all my Apple main devices are silver. I like the eco color uniformity).

I qualified this year for T Mobile’s 55 Magenta Max plan (for the good AND bad of turning 55 ;-) ). 65$ Total cost per month, that price already includes taxes and fees, on a plan that includes most of the top of the line features. But the fine print can always ruin the deal. The deal: my iPhone 11 trade in credit is 200$ credit. I sign this 65$ per month plan with length of term for for 24 months. With iphone purchase signup rebate, this means payments 3 79$ Payments (remaining price on the phone and tax/fees for buying the phone). To me this seems too good as the 55 Magenta Max is great plan that I was already going to switch to either way. Basically give them 240, give them my iPhone 11 and stay with the plan for 24 months (which I already was going to).

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As of today, I am not upgrading from my iPhone 13 Pro. With that being said, I am interested in the Dynamic Island feature because it reminds me of the Touch Bar on the MacBook Pro. Is it enough to make me upgrade? We’ll see.

I’ve heard this before from you D. I might have to put some money on this.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I hear Apple calling my name. When I upgrade I get new phones for my family of 4. My iPhone 12 is definitely good for another year. I’ll see if Apple gets in my wallet again.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
T Mobile will be calling me at 10am Eastern to, likely, finalize the Silver 14 Pro Max 256GB.(all my Apple main devices are silver. I like the eco color uniformity).

I qualified this year for T Mobile’s 55 Magenta Max plan (for the good AND bad of turning 55 ;-) ). 65$ Total cost per month, that price already includes taxes and fees, on a plan that includes most of the top of the line features. But the fine print can always ruin the deal. The deal: my iPhone 11 trade in credit is 200$ credit. I sign this 65$ per month plan with length of term for for 24 months. With iphone purchase signup rebate, this means payments 3 79$ Payments (remaining price on the phone and tax/fees for buying the phone). To me this seems too good as the 55 Magenta Max is great plan that I was already going to switch to either way. Basically give them 240, give them my iPhone 11 and stay with the plan for 24 months (which I already was going to).

I may have misunderstood but $240 cash, plus $200 equity, plus $1560 seems to me, a lot ! Does this include your cell based data ?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve heard this before from you D. I might have to put some money on this.

(Laughing)…I know. Right? I truly don’t have any intentions of upgrading from my current iPhone as with some of my previous iPhones.

With that being said, I end up upgrading after I’ve gone into an Apple Store or a Best Buy store to see the device in person. I don’t get persuaded by salespeople or anything like that.

It’s me ending up saying, “oh what the heck. Just buy it and go”. . Hopefully, that won’t happen this time around.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hear Apple calling my name. When I upgrade I get new phones for my family of 4. My iPhone 12 is definitely good for another year. I’ll see if Apple gets in my wallet again.

Go ahead and listen to Apple calling your name. Can you hear it getting louder and louder?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I'm upgrading my 13 Pro Max to the 14 Pro Max. I have the iPhone 14 Pro Max loaded on Best Buy's website. Just waiting for the preorder time (20 minutes!) to start.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I woke up early to upgrade from a 12 Pro Max to a 14 Pro Max, store open 5 min later than expected. I got a 14 ProMax in Space Black 512 with a Product Red Case, but delivery is already delayed on the Phone Only Delivers: Sep 27 - Sep 30 at least for me. Store pickup is still 9/16, but I did not choose that option.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Decided on keeping my 13 Pro Max 1TB and got the Watch Ultra instead.
May get the 14 Pro Max later on depending on camera reviews.
Didn't take long for shipping dates to slip especially the black 1TB PM versions.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Been trying to preorder on Best Buy's website for 90 minutes now and I keep getting error message after error message. How can their website not be ready for this volume of traffic? This has been the most frustrating preorder experience I've ever been through. I have to go through Best Buy to get the $720 instant trade in credit so I don't have to eat $1200 at once.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77