Any Google Fi users having trouble getting MMS to work consistently?

miller7796

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody else using Google Fi? I am a fan of the service for the international coverage and I generally don't use a lot of cellular data, but I am struggling to get MMS to work consistently. I have updated the APN settings per the Fi app suggestions and attempted a few other options I have found via google searching. The best I have gotten to is that some pictures will send via MMS and some won't, there's no way to know for sure until I attempt to send one.

I realize the iPhone is not officially compatible with Fi but the fact that some messages send gives me some hope that I might not have to change carriers or phones.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've been using Google Fi as one of my carriers with the dual-sim since July. MMS has worked fine, granted I haven't had much MMS to work with. Ever since Apple allowed both numbers to use iMessage most people that I text with on my Google Fi number are using iPhones so it defaults to iMessage.

miller7796

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Google Fi as one of my carriers with the dual-sim since July. MMS has worked fine, granted I haven't had much MMS to work with. Ever since Apple allowed both numbers to use iMessage most people that I text with on my Google Fi number are using iPhones so it defaults to iMessage.

I think it is an issue with a recipient who has a samsung phone. There was a recent update on AT&T that seems to have broken MMS for a lot of users. Nobody else is having the issue. Still trying to figure out why imessage is selective about which pic it will send, but at least I know it's not a Google Fi issue.

miller7796

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I will attempt to send a picture via MMS and it will immediately get the exclamation point icon next to it as unable to send. It doesn't seem to matter who I send it to or how many times I try to send it, the picture will not go to anybody.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Sometimes I will attempt to send a picture via MMS and it will immediately get the exclamation point icon next to it as unable to send. It doesn't seem to matter who I send it to or how many times I try to send it, the picture will not go to anybody.

But you said iMessage in what I quoted. iMessage is not MMS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2