Black Screen Help

Bosgarage57

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I need a little help. My boss came to me for help on his ipad, he said he was using it like normal then all of a sudden the screen went blank. Completely black. He then suggested we look at cases for the other iPads we have. Im think he dropped it and the backlight/digitizer is broken.

When I plug it into the computer it says your ipad is in recovery mode and wants me to restore it, but restore keeps failing for a 4014 error. I've tried smacking the back of it rather forcefully as I've read other people have had luck with a lose connector.

Any other suggestions before I tell him is dead?

Bosgarage57

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, but I've already tried that. Different cable and diff PC. still no luck. I guess I first need to try to figure out why I cant see anything on the screen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, but I've already tried that. Different cable and diff PC. still no luck. I guess I first need to try to figure out why I cant see anything on the screen.

If the owner has AppleCare Plus, now would be a good time for him to use it. Even if he doesn't, make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them diagnose the problem for you.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Have the same problem. The device was not dropped. My gf was surfing on safari and screen went black and now I get the same error you described. Saw a "genius" they didn't have a solution either and said I could buy the new iPad Air 2 at full price. After googling this with no success and hearing other people with similar problems makes me fearful that this is a wide spread issue.

Bosgarage57

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Good luck kjparfekt, Our ipad is still sitting in the box. We've tried everything short of sending it in for repair, I believe a new screen is close to $200 and we can get an ipad 4 or air for a bit more than that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2