How do I setup my printer

vrancor

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to ask if anyone can direct me on how I can setup a printer on my ipad2 that is shared through my house. The printer is not wifi but it is shared throughout a windows xp computer and yes I do have wireless in my home.

Thanks in advance

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you mean using AirPrint, you can't...it's limited to a small group of printers right now, and network attached printers aren't supported. You can see a list on Apple's website.

That said, there are some apps that will let you use your printer (search the app store for iPad print or something like that) but they often require you to install extra software on another computer that's on the same wifi network.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's anything like the Epson NX430, I didn't have to do install anything. All I did was enter my WiFi credential manually via the printer's front display. Once it connected, my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 automatically recognized it when I initiated to print something.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can print from your email, notes, and various other apps. If you think you have your printer connected to your wireless network AND it is AirPrint compatible, then initiate your notes app, type a test note, tap on the arrow at the bottom of the display and then select print. If your printer meets AirPrint standards then your device should locate the printer and allow you to print to it from your idevice.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Petraw14

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Justme'd and Rusty, never thought of printing from my iPad direct, always gone through the Mac via cable. But I have a wireless printer, you've inspired me to try.
Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Justme'd and Rusty, never thought of printing from my iPad direct, always gone through the Mac via cable. But I have a wireless printer, you've inspired me to try.
Thanks.

You're very welcome, Petraw14. Take care, enjoy the rest of your day and let us know how it turns out. ;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl