Usually how much money do you spend for app or in app?

P5 Games

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi!
My name is Peter and I am game developer.
You can finde here my iOS developer account:
[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/peter-petor/id1168436849?at=10l3Vy]https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/peter-petor/id1168436849[/URL]

Lot of work to create an application, and I am new on iTunes, thats why I am intresting.

Usually how much money do you spend for app or in app?
What kinde of app do you prefer?
Freemium or paid apps or free with ads?

Thank you for your answer!

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm a tightwad. I spent $9.99 on a full featured 1Password several years ago. It was a sale price. I spent $4.99 on Tweetbot 4. All other app purchases were less than $4. I try to catch apps on sale or free. $2.99 is the most I've spent on an in app purchase. Most have been $2 or less.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
For a game, $2.99 is probably my limit.
For a productivity app, perhaps $10-$15 depending on the app and my needs.

I don't like ads, but I will tolerate them on an app that I use infrequently.
I, too, try to catch them on sale.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I usually try and catch apps/games on sale, but I have spent as much as $9.99 on a app/game. I really don't mind spending if it's something I like and know I will use regularly, however I dislike the apps/games that say "FREE", but have about a billion "in app purchases" just to do anything within the app/game. I understand a reasonable payment for "add free/removal", but some of the "Free" app statements are really misleading.

Last edited:

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I would agree with Ledsteplin, if it's a utility app that I can use on many devices going forward then I don't mind spending $9.99 on something.

For games, anything over $2.99 I normally don't get. Just because once I've played it and completed the levels, then its done and might as well un-install.

As a preference, I prefer 'Freemium' games. This allows me to play the game and if I really like it, I can purchase the full version to unlock levels or power ups ect 😃

Hope this helps you out. Best of luck with your future apps!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I always get the free version, and upgrade to the full if it seems any use. On one occasion I did get a weather app that a friend highly recommended (Dark Sky) only to find that it was highly(I mean highly) inaccurate in the UK, and that said friend had got it because of the radar pictures !

P5 Games

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for the answers.
I am creating only free with ads and paid apps.
I do not like freemium apps.
That's why I would not even like to make it.
If you do not spend money, then you can only very very slow evolve.

Last edited: