Do you wear your Watch while showering or washing dishes?

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Washing dishes yes I do. Showering no. But I know they are water resistant and I have jumped in the lake and went under a waterfall with my Apple Watch accidentally and it seems to be working prefect still

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I am confident my AW5 and 7 would withstand the water but it's just not necessary and they'd likely get dirtier and stuff. Its bad enough that I work out in my AW5 and then have to rinse and dry it off but it has held up well.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I am confident my AW5 and 7 would withstand the water but it's just not necessary and they'd likely get dirtier and stuff. Its bad enough that I work out in my AW5 and then have to rinse and dry it off but it has held up well.

Time has passed. I now swim in my AW7s and they have beeb fine. I’m confident my AW Ultra will be too.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I do wear it sometimes when I’m washing dishes, but only when I forget to take it off! I’m :rotfl:

Same! Always toss it on the charger while showering and almost always take it off for dishes, unless like you I forget. One time I was at a friend’s house and everyone with an Apple Watch including my wife gave me a weird look when I took it off before getting in the pool, they left theirs on.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I take my watch off when showering. Imho shower time (in the shower, dry off, teeth brushing, getting dressed, hair care) is the ideal time to put it on the charger. Shower is a daily event so charge it then and rarely have a low battery.
Other than that I rarely take it off. Wash dishes, clean the counter, yard work, floor mopping etc I don’t take it off. But I also use the silicone band, always. I’m guessing leather or other bands that will get stained and discolored won’t like this kind of house cleaning chores.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I’m guessing leather or other bands that will get stained and discolored won’t like this kind of house cleaning chores.

I bought a Barton canvas band shortly after I got my watch, do not recommend. Being canvas the color bled almost immediately and turned into this ugly drab combination of tan, green, and blue without being subjected to the above abuses.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I bought a Barton canvas band shortly after I got my watch, do not recommend. Being canvas the color bled almost immediately and turned into this ugly drab combination of tan, green, and blue without being subjected to the above abuses.

Oh wow! That’s so disappointing for you.

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site

Sounds like a camouflage band now, good for the trail, no one will see you coming!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I rarely wash dishes but when I do I usually have on my watch. I never wear it in the shower because I typically charge it at that time.

podric

Dec 6, 2022
Visit site
It is easier to take it off than have to rinse soap suds off of it.
If they added [redacted] I am sure more would wear it in the shower.

Last edited by a moderator:

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I wear my watches for many things, including washing dishes. I canna figure for the life of me why I would want to wear it in the shower. I’d then have to clean it again thoroughly…and for what? Maybe the ‘beater’ Amazon Renewed 41mm SE but again…no reason to.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Technically yes, I wear my watch while washing dishes.

I load the dishwasher, add soap and turn it on.

You asked.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I wear my Apple Watch to wash dishes without getting my wrists wet. I do not think shampoo, conditioner or shower oil would be good for the watch so never wear it in the shower

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I wear mine all the time. I forget I have it on. Figure may as well wash the band in the shower after my workout. Also have a boat and use it in the water to control the music volume on the boat when playing music from my phone through Bluetooth. I have a 6 that's still working perfectly. Had a 3 and 5 before that and did the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro