iOS 14 public beta 1 is out

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the weather widget not updating? I know it was supposedly fixed, but unless I go in and click on the saved location (instead of current location) it shows me Cupertino.

Mine doesn't show cupertino but at times doesn't update till I click in.

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone found the clock widget I seem to see on a lot of apple news webpages and sites? I seem not to be able to find it as an option in ios 14.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Siri with CarPlay is not working. I get the “no internet connection” or “I didn’t get that” when trying to make a command.

Funny enough, I would have this issue all of the time on the 13.6 beta and haven’t had it once in the 14 beta, and I abuse poor Siri while I drive.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Tried out Apple Maps in my car today and can't seem to get the voice prompts to play over my BT car stereo, like Google Maps does. Anyone know a workaround for this? I think I had this same issue on iOS13 and earlier.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Tried out Apple Maps in my car today and can't seem to get the voice prompts to play over my BT car stereo, like Google Maps does. Anyone know a workaround for this? I think I had this same issue on iOS13 and earlier.

Have you set your Bluetooth output in Apple Maps to be your car?

It sometimes reverts back to the phone’s speakers.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

I used Apple maps today too, the voice prompts worked while I was listening to a podcast through Bluetooth.

The issue I ran into was that the Apple maps keep disconnecting from my route, happened 2 times this morning.

Didn't happen on my way back, was an odd quirk.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Funny enough, I would have this issue all of the time on the 13.6 beta and haven’t had it once in the 14 beta, and I abuse poor Siri while I drive.

I mean it isn't super terrible (since I don't use Siri all that often while driving, mainly to switch music) but yeah I was surprised that it gave me the issue. Maybe the next beta will fix it.

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
It was supposed to be fixed in this beta but unless I lock the location on where I am at, it will not automatically update. Oh well maybe in the next beta it will be fixed.

Mine isn’t working properly. I didn’t notice it until I read this and decided to check.

I go in and out of the weather app and the temperature is updated in the app, but the widget stays the same for ages.

IMG_7694.JPGIMG_7693.JPG

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the public beta running on my old iPhone XS and I don’t really have any issues so far. The most annoying thing is that the Settings app has a notification badge that won’t go away. Otherwise, I’m really enjoying iOS 14.

My question is this, though ... does anyone have it running on two different iPhones and have different experiences? My main phone is an iPhone 11 and based on my experience with the public beta on the XS I’m tempted to just jump in and put it on my 11, too.

Any thoughts?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else’s clock widget wildly off?
cdebf4994aac0f157155e76535627049.png

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members