Ram problem. Battery usage. iPhone 6s

emil234

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone

After clear install of IOS 10.2 on my iPhone 6s (5 months old phone) I've got a problem with battery drain.
Battery looks stabile (not a problem with 30% shut off) but drain very fast (compare to iOS 10.1.1).
I've got 16 apps already installed. I made hard rest, clear apps did everything what I found in internet and afterward install app called smart memory. As you can see on the picture it looks that my RAM is full. This is ok ? What can I do with this battery drain ?

Thank you very much for help.

be9c1fa6bcf372baaabc75a0c791f59f.png

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Step 1: Delete that "Smart Memory" app and stop worrying about RAM usage.

iOS manages RAM differently compared to a desktop operating system. To decrease app startup times (which can potentially lead to better battery life) it keeps as much data as possible in RAM. When something requires more RAM be freed up, iOS automatically clears up necessary space.

As for the battery usage:

After setting up a device for the first time or installing an OS update, your battery life will be shorter as the phone is doing a lot of background tasks such as indexing files and syncing data. This is temporary and should only last a day or two.

What you should do is see which apps are eating up your battery.

To do this, go to Settings > Battery. If you see a 3rd party app with high battery usage, click the clock to see how it's been using up battery. If you see an app with a lot of background activity, you might want to see if you can adjust how often it is doing things in the background such as syncing with the cloud. This varies per app. I would continue using your phone like normal for a day or two so it can gather a good amount of statistics relating to the battery usage of your apps.

Note that some apps can "go rogue" and do tasks in the background when they shouldn't be. Sometimes you can swipe them away in the app switcher to prevent this. Again, this varies by app. If the app continues to eat up battery life, it may need to be uninstalled.

Last edited:

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Step 1: Delete that "Smart Memory" app and stop worrying about RAM usage.

iOS manages RAM differently compared to a desktop operating system. To decrease app startup times (which can potentially lead to better battery life) it keeps as much data as possible in RAM. When something requires more RAM be freed up, iOS automatically clears up necessary space.

As for the battery usage:

After setting up a device for the first time or installing an OS update, your battery life will be shorter as the phone is doing a lot of background tasks such as indexing files and syncing data. This is temporary and should only last a day or two.

What you should do is see which apps are eating up your battery.

To do this, go to Settings > Battery. If you see a 3rd party app with high battery usage, click the clock to see how it's been using up battery. If you see an app with a lot of background activity, you might want to see if you can adjust how often it is doing things in the background such as syncing with the cloud. This varies per app. I would continue using your phone like normal for a day or two so it can gather a good amount of statistics relating to the battery usage of your apps.

Note that some apps can "go rogue" and do tasks in the background when they shouldn't be. Sometimes you can swipe them away in the app switcher to prevent this. Again, this varies by app. If the app continues to eat up battery life, it may need to be uninstalled.

Excellent advice. Well done!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2