What happened to long press on send for iMessage effects?

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Used this a bunch last night, now myself and a few others have noticed the send button has turned into the old microphone again? We're all on iOS10 and have used the effects many times. Anyone else?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Works fine for me. Be sure reduced motion is off. And don't forget to add text. It switches from mic to arrow when you type in text.
If it still doesn't work, try turning off iMessage, sign out of iMessage, sign back in and turn on.
Next try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine never turned into the microphone, but I have had 2-3 instances where a long press/force touch on the up arrow stopped working. I checked settings and my reduce motion was still toggled to off. I just toggled it on and off again and things started working normally again. Not sure why. Kind of annoying and buggy.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine never turned into the microphone, but I have had 2-3 instances where a long press/force touch on the up arrow stopped working. I checked settings and my reduce motion was still toggled to off. I just toggled it on and off again and things started working normally again. Not sure why. Kind of annoying and buggy.

The effects worked with reduce motion on, not off. Works both ways now in the new beta.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The effects worked with reduce motion on, not off. Works both ways now in the new beta.

No. For me, it only works with reduce motion toggled off. I had it turned on since the feature was introduced and could not get effects to work at all in iMessage. When I turned off reduce motion, it started working.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No. For me, it only works with reduce motion toggled off. I had it turned on since the feature was introduced and could not get effects to work at all in iMessage. When I turned off reduce motion, it started working.

I'm sorry, I got backwards. LOL You're right. The new update got me twisted.