FYI - Change in "Do Not Disturb"

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, did a clean install of 10.0.1 (restored from iCloud) -- works great!

Now, here's a change; iMessage (at least) will not turn the screen ON nor send a banner (even when the screen is on) if Do Not Disturb is enabled. The only way I knew that there was a message is because the little telltale red notification dot came up; of course, that was 10 minutes after the text had been received.

Figured I'd let everyone know about this change in behavior before you miss an important message.

MonkeyJunky

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Well, did a clean install of 10.0.1 (restored from iCloud) -- works great!

Now, here's a change; iMessage (at least) will not turn the screen ON nor send a banner (even when the screen is on) if Do Not Disturb is enabled. The only way I knew that there was a message is because the little telltale red notification dot came up; of course, that was 10 minutes after the text had been received.

Figured I'd let everyone know about this change in behavior before you miss an important message.

There is a setting within "Do Not Disturb" where the notifications can be silenced either while the phone is "Locked" or "Always". My guess is you have yours set to "Always". Just change that and when the phone is open and being used, notifications will come through as normal.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
In the DND settings you can configure so that it will play sounds while your iPhone is unlocked even if DND is enabled. It sounds to me like you have it set to be silent no matter what.

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
You are correct... in iOS 9, however, the banners still showed up when in that mode (if the screen was on). They now don't show at all, so if you're surfing the web and someone texts you, the phone won't notify you of it.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You are correct... in iOS 9, however, the banners still showed up when in that mode (if the screen was on). They now don't show at all, so if you're surfing the web and someone texts you, the phone won't notify you of it.

It's not supposed to. It more than likely was not supposed to in version 9, which means it's fixed in 10 and working as intended.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2