• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Dark mode on messages

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The guy found it, but we have yet to see it and Settings in dark theme.
63b2cacf679c89625b17e8661511d1b3.jpg

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
That's what I saw! It's hidden somewhere in the os. Just not sure if apple will bring it out. I do like the dark mode in twitter. I bet more dark modes would save battery life

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
That's what I saw! It's hidden somewhere in the os. Just not sure if apple will bring it out. I do like the dark mode in twitter. I bet more dark modes would save battery life

Not true. iOS devices don't use amoled displays so dark mode won't affect the battery.

In addition, I believe it'll come out in a future update, not iOS 10 (maybe iOS 11). Since none of the betas have this feature

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I hope they don't implement this. Looks like Android. I also hope they don't go to an amoled display either because the battery life with them is horrible. (Yes I switched from Android and have never been happier).

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Nah! I'll pass, doesn't look nice to me. I feel like the more "customization's" are rumored the more people are like "yea, that's be awesome" but Apple is about simplicity, i hope they aren't taking the road towards an Android look. What's next? A whole list of fonts for you to choose from? Nah, i like simple, simple is better.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope they don't implement this. Looks like Android. I also hope they don't go to an amoled display either because the battery life with them is horrible. (Yes I switched from Android and have never been happier).

I would imagine you'd have the option to not use it. Nothing wrong with options.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Well technically you can have a dark theme mode for iMessage if you invert the colors... but I'm gonna deem this questionable because the SS wasn't taken on the iOS device.... not with a Mac window clearly in the background and when you send a new message it says "New iMessage" on the top... not the device model and software version.

JimPS

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
See, I don't know about this, this looks like a render on an iOS emulator. That's definitely a Mac window.

Yes, that is a capture from the XCode8 development IDE simulator.

My 6s Plus running iOS 10.0.1 does have dark backgrounds in all of the time related screens. - Clock, alarm, bedtime, stopwatch, and timer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok