Quick replies

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Why haven't any big apps like facebook and Twitter added quick replies for their apps yet I mean isn't the api or whatever available ? Since iOS 7 only text messages has had quick reply

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Why haven't any big apps like facebook and Twitter added quick replies for their apps yet I mean isn't the api or whatever available ? Since iOS 7 only text messages has had quick reply

Contact the "big apps" like Facebook and Twitter and provide them with the feedback. Or contact Apple and ask them to put it back.

ferreirarq

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I mean reply to facebook messages though facebook messenger app on lock screen

I honestly thought that was exclusive for iMessage. I don't know if the API is open for text reply on the notification banner...

Anyone knows this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Probably, because both Facebook and Twitter make money when you visit their sites. If you can reply to a message from the notification center they won't be able to make money on ad space.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I honestly thought that was exclusive for iMessage. I don't know if the API is open for text reply on the notification banner...

Anyone knows this?

You are correct. The actionable notifications for 3rd party apps are more limited than for Apple apps. There are several APIs available, but none for quick reply with text entry. Like many times in the past, Apple is tweaking this API and keeping it limited to 1st party apps until they perfect it.

Quick reply was introduced in iOS 8 (not iOS 7 like the OP implies) and the API is extended to 3rd party apps as of iOS 9. So you'll see apps with this capability starting to appear in September.

The new behavior property in UIUserNotificationAction, which lets you support text input from users in notifications.

ferreirarq

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that! Yes. Developers can only use action buttons on notifications.

Often actions like "reply" that take you to the App in order to reply from there. I was hoping for iOS 9 to have that available but oh well. There's always next year's release.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost