Why does my power button seem to have a delay when my phone is turned off and on or sleep?

slim617

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Power button delay issue turn off and on or sleep

I do not know why my post got removed, but i hope this is the correct way to post without getting removed this time.

Iphone 5 version 7.0.4

Hi, So there was a point where everything was working fine. I do not know when or how it happened, but now my power button seems to get delayed.

I try pressing power button and it wont " sleep" itll be like i wasnt pressing it at all.

After pressing it in different ways, itll finally close go to sleep.

Also, when i close all the applications, it will also go to sleep faster, but still delayed and after pressing it by holding the power button down, waiting, pressing it again.. there isnt a conclusive way to get it to sleep, but pretty much molesting it certain ways.

I can still press and hold it for it to turn off, but i would also have to press it a certain way before it will do that.

Does anyone have any idea or clue as to how to fix or what is causing it ?

I would prefer not having to reformat it =l

Side question: Ever since ive started jailbreaking, i never figured out how to update my phone without losing everything. when i back up all my things onto my computer, what settings should i make sure are there so that i do not lose anything except for the jailbreak stuff. ( such as contacts, photos, etc)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Power button delay issue turn off and on or sleep

Hopefully, someone with experience in this matter will respond soon...;)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like a hardware problem with the button?
Sure fire way to test is to up your device into no substrate mode?
Power down your phone, then hold the volume up button while powering on your phone. Once it's fully booted see how your power button acts.
If it's same inconsistency then you know it's hardware. If it performs perfectly you'll know it is jaikbreak tweak related

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

To be entirely fair, you'll know it isn't tweak related. It could STILL be software.

But, I'd agree it's a hardware issue even without the test. The OP is using the word "delay" in correctly. If the issue was a delay, you'd push the button once, wait for the delay to elapse, and watch the screen go dark. That's not what you're describing. It's going dark instantly. But, you're having to play around with the button to get it to do so. That suggests the cable is going bad. Are you on one of the iPhone 5's that had a power button recall? https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU2471014%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=1Oyfi8_U

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2