Emoji Image Location

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm but I think that are two different pair of shoes. BytaFont changes the font and not the character itself. you won't get new or other letters, it just shows the existing letters on your keyboard/device how you set it. Maybe I'm talking out of my ***, but that's what I'm thinking^^

To unravel my mystery, I know a developer who did exactly what we are looking for. He really exchanged Emoji characters and put his own in the Emoji keyboard. I mailed the app developer and I wait for a response, but I think he won't respond me because he thinks I want to use it to copy his app or create a similar one... :/
Just wait and see :p

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well yeah you don't get differnt letters. But i am thinking that the way that font works on iOS is that every letter is an image. In the style of a true type font, which is why it scales so properly. Your keyboard letters are larger than the types letters, but there is no "pixelation" or degradation between the spaces if the letter (the "triangle" in the A is the same proportionally no matter how large or small you get). So in an app like iBooks where you can change the font size from largest to smallest, all the letters scale evenly. When using bytafont aren't you using new images if each character?
Emoji are single characters, so there's got to be a way to alter them! Maybe even using bytafont!
I hope. I also hope your developer friend finds a way to make this happen and customizable for those of us who want it!

I also have no idea if any if the stuff I am saying about bytafont is true!

Imore forum app is forcing me to use a signature, which is more than a little oppressive. Change your policies!!!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1391311965.333409.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1391311973.849444.jpg

Now I just need to see what happens when I open those bad boys up on my mbp?

Imore forum app is forcing me to use a signature, which is more than a little oppressive. Change your policies!!!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how to edit those file types!
I can't open in gimp. I haven't installed photoshop yet to try, anyone have any ideas?

Jato_BZ

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I know this is a dead thread but came across it, I managed to extract the emoji on iOS6 & the file hasn't changed a lot to iOS8.2 either.

The file you were looking for was: AppleColorEmoji[AT]2x.ttf which is located in /System/Library/Fonts/Cache

6X-7X there was 3 sets of 846, Set 1 - The result of the key press e.g what you see in a text, Set 2 the keyboard emoji & Set 3 the Keyboard emoji for iPad.

They're put together rather awkwardly too, Set 1 & 2 are structured the same as the .artwork files you may have come across...or written as uint8 (2*8) type data. Set 3 is imported into the emoji .ttf file as optimised pngs which makes sense to reduce file size - uint8 data on a 96x96 would be at least 36KB x 846 = 31MB. The emoji file as it is is only 25MB (6X) and that contains 3 sets of 846 or 2533 emoji.

Emoji_extracted_845_1_FINAL_RZ.jpg

Extracting them was an absolute pain! Basically I jacked Dave Peck's .artwork extractor to handle Set 1 & 2...

There was only two ways to theme these, manually swap out your Apple "AppleColorEmoji[AT]2x.ttf" or use BytaFont/BytaFont2.

PLUS you had to recompile the new emoji file and update the three offset tables that iOS uses to fetch the emoji.

emoji_recompilation_COMPLETE_6.png

png themeing like WinterBoard themes isnt an option here...

We (Myself and ChrisGraphix) did a few themes, Minions, Ironman and Robocop

Ironman_Emojis.png

Minion_Emojis_7X.png

Robocop_6.0.X-7.1.X.png

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Jato, welcome to iMore. I've been following you on Twitter for a long time!!
You've done some amazing work with the emoji.
Thanks for chiming in here.

MjSonic1

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I know this is a dead thread but came across it, I managed to extract the emoji on iOS6 & the file hasn't changed a lot to iOS8.2 either.

The file you were looking for was: AppleColorEmoji[AT]2x.ttf which is located in /System/Library/Fonts/Cache

6X-7X there was 3 sets of 846, Set 1 - The result of the key press e.g what you see in a text, Set 2 the keyboard emoji & Set 3 the Keyboard emoji for iPad.

They're put together rather awkwardly too, Set 1 & 2 are structured the same as the .artwork files you may have come across...or written as uint8 (2*8) type data. Set 3 is imported into the emoji .ttf file as optimised pngs which makes sense to reduce file size - uint8 data on a 96x96 would be at least 36KB x 846 = 31MB. The emoji file as it is is only 25MB (6X) and that contains 3 sets of 846 or 2533 emoji.

View attachment 79904

Extracting them was an absolute pain! Basically I jacked Dave Peck's .artwork extractor to handle Set 1 & 2...

There was only two ways to theme these, manually swap out your Apple "AppleColorEmoji[AT]2x.ttf" or use BytaFont/BytaFont2.

PLUS you had to recompile the new emoji file and update the three offset tables that iOS uses to fetch the emoji.

View attachment 79903

png themeing like WinterBoard themes isnt an option here...

We (Myself and ChrisGraphix) did a few themes, Minions, Ironman and Robocop

View attachment 79905

View attachment 79906

View attachment 79907

I'm running on iOS 8.3, and I can't find the file AppleColorEmoji@2x.ttf anywhere in iFile. Someone please help me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2