after downgrading from ios7 beta phone wont let me activate?!

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
i did a google search on how to downgrade back to 6.1.3 from ios7beta i figured since its a beta i shouldent really stick with it so i decided to give it up after a couple of days... well after it restored instead of giving me the option to set up as new or obtain my backup it told me that my device it linked up to a apple id already and for me to log in but for some reason it keeps telling me that my username or password is wrong which it isnt so im stuck and now dont know what to do....

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It says it both on iTunes and through my phone been trying since last night going to take it to apple and see what they say

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i did a google search on how to downgrade back to 6.1.3 from ios7beta i figured since its a beta i shouldent really stick with it so i decided to give it up after a couple of days... well after it restored instead of giving me the option to set up as new or obtain my backup it told me that my device it linked up to a apple id already and for me to log in but for some reason it keeps telling me that my username or password is wrong which it isnt so im stuck and now dont know what to do....

The key to this is what you said about the Apple ID. Included as a part of iOS 7 it the new 'activation lock' feature to be a theft deterrent. The thought behind the activation lock is that if someone steals your phone and wipes it, they won’t know your Apple ID user name/password, so it prevents the new "owner" from being able to activate the stolen device.

Activation Lock in iOS 7 is Apple’s response to mobile phone thefts

In order to be able to use your phone again, you have to log in with your Apple ID (the one used to activate the phone under iOS 7)... otherwise, you have an expensive paperweight.

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
II just kept typing my password not realizing the email address bar was just an example of my email address for the user name. I type it in and it worked.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It is definitely activation lock ready I'm pretty certain I was typing it right the whole time but idk tried it yesterday before getting ready to buy another phone and bam! It worked!

Chris Robichaud

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I'm having this same problem.
When you guys got it to work, did you do it in iTunes on the computer, or straight onto the phone?

I'm very concerned and don't want to have a very expensive paperweight. It is my phone and my apple ID, and I've reset my password so I know it 100% is right... But it just won't work. I've been trying all day.

Steve Lee5

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
can i know how did u actually did it? any detailed steps? restoring back to ios7 or ios6? im stuck at the same page too
It is definitely activation lock ready I'm pretty certain I was typing it right the whole time but idk tried it yesterday before getting ready to buy another phone and bam! It worked!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77