Repair v. jailbreak? Help!

Kezukiii

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. My 6.1.3 jailbroken iPhone 5's speakers do not work. The phone is still under warranty, so I can bring it into an Apple store to be fixed. However, I have to re-format my device to factory settings so my warranty is not voided. After Apple fixes the phone, can I downgrade to 6.1.3 to jailbreak again? Or is there another solution to this? Thanks guys.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If they merely fix your speaker and return the exact same phone to you then I would "assume" that you could re-jailbreak it like you did previously. Having said that, if they replace your iPhone and it comes with iOS 6.1.4 then I "assume" you're stuck with it until the next available jailbreak, but I could be wrong.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
There is no way to downgrade. And even if you could downgrade, you would have to go to 6.1.2 to be able to jailbreak. There is no jailbreak for 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 on the 5.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I say try using ilex rat or that other new cydia app that "restores" your jailbroken phone to a brand new jailbroken state. Its worth a try seeing if a fresh install of things will fix it. If it is indeed a hardware issue, you need to decide if its worth it to roll the dice and get a new functioning one that may or may not be jailbreakable. I rolled the dice in early may since I had a broken lock button and thankfully got a iphone5 on 6.1.2. From what I am currently reading, the 32 and more likely 64gb devices are more likely to be on an older firmware compared to the 16gb version since less people have the devices with higher capacities.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
it is not likely they will fix the speakers. More often than not they grab a refurb from the back and swap it for you. In that case you will get the latest OS for sure.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
it is not likely they will fix the speakers. More often than not they grab a refurb from the back and swap it for you. In that case you will get the latest OS for sure.

That's gonna change soon, by July Apple stores will start fixing phones on site.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

People are still getting 6.1.2 with replaced phones.

The only "for sure" here is if he updates his OS to maintain warranty support and his phone is repaired. Then it would "for sure" be on 6.1.3.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77