Trying to Update before Jailbreaking...ERROR 3194

TorrieB

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I've posted this in the right place but I'm trying to jailbreak and got this error so figured I'd start here.

iPhone 4S, 16 GB. 3.67 GB free

Last week my phone downloaded the 6.1 update OTA but I did not install. Today, I backed up my phone with the newest version of iTunes, did the whole tiny umbrella thing, and now I'm trying to update my phone before trying evasi0n's jailbreak. And I got Error 3194. I'm on Windows XP and not really sure what to do next. My phone is still connected to the PC with stock cord and is still working just fine. What do I do now????? Please come rescue me iPhone Heroes!!!!

Thankssomuch :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just put your phone into recovery mode while it's plugged in, then update via iTunes.
Make sure you have a backup to restore once it finishes updating.

To put your iPhone into Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode:

1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and start iTunes.
2. Turn off your iPhone by holding down the Sleep button and slide to power off.
3. Press and hold down the Sleep button and Home button simultaneously.
4. After 10 seconds release the Sleep button but continue to hold the Home button down.
5. iTunes will pop up a window that says it has "detected an iPhone in recovery mode."

Or you can just make it easy on yourself and just install the OTA you downloaded.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
TorrieB, I if you get the same error from DFU mode, take a look at TinyUmbrella and make sure the checkmark that says something like "Point to Cydia servers"* is cleared.

*That's the jist of the label. Can't remeber is exactly.