Confession

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I have a confession. I am obsessed with Siri... I have tried to get Siri on my iPhone4 since the the 4s came out...
I have tried at least 10 different versions / servers, etc...
I know it's not going to work, I know it's going to screw up my phone, I know I'm going to have to restore!!! AND I KNOW I'LL BE DONE WITH SIRI IN LIKE 45 MINUTES!!!
So why do I keep trying??

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Haha, I'm like that just about the dictation/mic feature. Too many privacy concerns for me to try adding it though?but I feel your pain!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's not neccesarily that I think my data will be compromised, but I know that just the thought that my emails/sms/etc are going through an unknown third party would be too much for me to handle. I'm a worrier when it comes to that sort of thing, so I decided to sit it out.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not neccesarily that I think my data will be compromised, but I know that just the thought that my emails/sms/etc are going through an unknown third party would be too much for me to handle. I'm a worrier when it comes to that sort of thing, so I decided to sit it out.

When you go to a restaurant, and pay by credit card, and the waitron takes your card, and goes to God knows where with your card and brings it back with the slip for you to sign... are you uncomfortable with that? Siri is safer than that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you go to a restaurant, and pay by credit card, and the waitron takes your card, and goes to God knows where with your card and brings it back with the slip for you to sign... are you uncomfortable with that?
At times, it does make me uncomfortable, especially when the waiter/waitress seem to take forever to return.
Siri is safer than that.
I agree ;)

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Siri on a daily basis for a lot of different things. Sometimes I just want to pull out my phone like when I'm at the gym or mowing the lawn etc.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not talking about Siri, I'm talking about the 3rd party servers in Russia and China that jailbreak Siri apps are using--when you use a jb Siri app you're not using the same path as a regular 4S Siri user. It's adding a step to the process...to use your restaurant analogy, it's like giving your credit card to a random person in the restaurant and asking them to give it to the waiter.

Like I said, it's probably fine most times, but I'm paranoid about things like that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not talking about Siri, I'm talking about the 3rd party servers in Russia and China that jailbreak Siri apps are using--when you use a jb Siri app you're not using the same path as a regular 4S Siri user. It's adding a step to the process...to use your restaurant analogy, it's like giving your credit card to a random person in the restaurant and asking them to give it to the waiter.

Like I said, it's probably fine most times, but I'm paranoid about things like that.

Point taken. ;)

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got two options for ya.

Option One - I can give you access to my Private SiriServer and use it. (Trust me, I record nothing. I HATE identity theft!)

or

Option Two - I can help you make your own SiriServer.

Pros and Cons -

Option One -
Pro - I will supply updates to the plugins and give you better usage of Siri.
Con - You will probably not like the fact of someone managing a Server for you,

Option Two -
Pro - You manage your own Server and know your information is safe with yourself.
Con - You do NOT get updates and will always have the same features for Siri with no additional features.

If you want access to my Server or wanna learn how to make your own, send me a email at gavingreininger@me.com

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2