Another iphone conundrum!

TradHolden

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I bought an iPhone4 out of contract off my mate (who got it off another mate). I got it, and restored it (to firmware 5.1.1) with itunes thinking this would be the best way (after changing his facebook status' to serious frapes....). I didn't have a sim card and wanted to start playing with it immediately! So I set about hacktivating and jailbreaking it (using redsnow), untethering it and downloading things which are awesome. So was basically using it as an iPod. I took it to a shop to get a case for it and chatted to the bloke about using internet on the move (3G?) and he said I would need a sim card. So he puts this vodaphone simcard in my phone and it just says no service. We both forgot to take it out of the phone and so it is still in there (I'll send him it back when I've worked this out!)

Could any of you clever people help me out with a few questions?

Does this mean that my phone is either unlocked for all networks or locked on vodaphone, as opposed to being locked on another network?
Is the no service because of the jailbreak or is this really a stolen or insurance job phone which has been blocked!?!?
Is this a problem with the baseband I have been reading about so much online?
Is there any way I can get service on my phone without restoring it? (as I don't know what network it is locked to and I'd rather not restore and then have to try a million sim cards)

From coming from scratch i'm pretty happy with how far I've come with it already (even if it did take me nearly a full day!) but I just wanna be able to use the GPS properly.

Thanks for any help in advance!

J

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2