iP4 Freezing

laurido92

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 and it freezes from time to time, The phone freezes and I'm not able to do anything with the phone. It has happened several times and the only way to fix it is to restart it. Is anyone having any freezing issues with their iPhones after jail breaking or with any apps? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone has been freezing also out of the blue, when it's on the lock screen and also when I am using the camera app and I get a message, I am using bitesms for messages.

laurido92

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
it normally happens when I get a message and i tap on the reply bubble that's when it freezes. I'm waiting to see if anyone else is having issues as well. If you're having the same issue it could be bite sms.

rickydross

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine freezes when I get a phone call (or crashes and won't reboot when I make a call).

I have SBSettings, iFile, BiteSMS, Winterboard and the Black UPS HD theme installed.

Edit: And Qtweeter.

Last edited:

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
oh boy.. the joys of jailbreaking. i bet anyone who works for Apple loves reading threads like this

Haha yeah!

But on topic, when I had some stuff installed on my iPhone from Cydia, it wouldn't freeze but crash and reboot for some unknown reason. I uninstalled a lot of tweaks and it hasn't rebooted since.

laurido92

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the reboot issue just the freezing. I had installed Springtomize but removed it thinking that was the issue but it wasn't. I'm thinking about removing bitesms to see if that takes care of the problem.

rickydross

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
oh boy.. the joys of jailbreaking. i bet anyone who works for Apple loves reading threads like this

this could be the culprit as it does not support 5.x.x, if that is your situation. do some research
That looks like it was the problem. Re-jailbroke last night and left it off. Seems to be working fine so far.

Thanks.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I decided to remove biteSMS to see if that takes care of the problem. I will let you know.

IF removing bite does solve your issue and you cannot live without it you may want to try the latest beta and see if that works. you'll have to add the beta repo and then install

Code:
http://cydia.bitesms.com/

i believe you have to have a paid license to use their betas?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
No license needed... Free For ten days then adds... Alot of 4s users are having issues on 6.2.3 beta... Just FYI

laurido92

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
ok, so i installed bitesms 6.2 beta 3 and so far haven't had any issues whatsoever. I will keep an eye out and post if I have any more freezing issues. so far so good.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Well after a few days with the beta bitesms and so far have not had any freezing issues.

Thanks.

bitesms 6.2 beta 5 is out. I just installed it and I see one fix already with quick compose screen doesn't shrink when activating it.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have an issue where after you restarted the springboard, the phone gets stuck on the loading screen? I had this happen to me once before but was able to restart the phone. Now I am unable to do anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2