"Waiting for changes to be applied" stuck in iTunes

CHAM89

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I plugged my phone in to my computer this morning and decided to sync it since I hadn't in a while, and everything was going fine until during the sync it got to step 7 of 7 "waiting for changes to be applied" and it just stayed on that for about an hour. I un-plugged my phone, rebooted the phone and computer and tried to sync again and it stayed stuck on that same step again. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?? Its an iphone 4 running iOS 5, I've synced it a couple times since upgrading to iOS 5 and havent had this issue before.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had that once in awhile. If it happens, I just hit the"x" up on top of iTunes near the syncing status bar and then start over. Always completes that next time. But the happens rarely for me.

damenace

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Same issue!!

Yeah i'm having the same problem!! Ever since I upgraded to 5.0, it won't finish syncing. Keeps getting hung up at the final step. Only fixes i've seen are people suggesting i delete my music and video library cause something must be corrrupted. No guarantee that will work though. I haven't done it because I don't have the free time. Plus it syncs enough to back up all my stuff so I'm not really losing any functionality. It's a small annoyance but whatever! I would like a fix though...

damenace

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Update: I deleted all media and data from my iPhone then restored from backup. My phone is now finishing its syncing instead of stalling everytime like it used to! So I'm very happy with that.

My Computer still shows my wife's iPhone name though. But whatever, it shows up correctly in iTunes so I'm not worried about it. Must be a Windows issue

marktherob2011

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
How do you do this?

Update: I deleted all media and data from my iPhone then restored from backup. My phone is now finishing its syncing instead of stalling everytime like it used to! So I'm very happy with that.

My Computer still shows my wife's iPhone name though. But whatever, it shows up correctly in iTunes so I'm not worried about it. Must be a Windows issue

I have the same problem and need to know how do perform ...

delete all media

then restore from backup

Regards Mark

HRGuru1

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 3GS stuck on "waiting for changes to be applied" during sync

If you are using Windows (I have Windows XP), this worked for me:

1. Quit iTunes.

2. Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right Click "Command Prompt" -> "Run as Administrator" (If you don't have this option, just select "Current User")

3. In the command prompt type "netsh winsock reset" and hit ENTER.

4. Reboot your machine.

5. Restart iTunes

6. Plug in your iPhone and run sync again.:)

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Happened to my GFs iPod touch, It was just sitting there, she went and made some coffee. Still wasn't syncing, so finally I clicked Sync and it synced some recently downloaded apps and the songs she just put in her iPod.

wtfitsloopy

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone 3GS stuck on "waiting for changes to be applied" during sync

If you are using Windows (I have Windows XP), this worked for me:

1. Quit iTunes.

2. Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right Click "Command Prompt" -> "Run as Administrator" (If you don't have this option, just select "Current User")

3. In the command prompt type "netsh winsock reset" and hit ENTER.

4. Reboot your machine.

5. Restart iTunes

6. Plug in your iPhone and run sync again.:)

Thank you so much! This fixed the problem and saved me huge amounts of wasted time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost