minor and really stupid issue since update

dixeechicken

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not totally sure this belongs here but since the issue started after I updated I'm gonna go with it.

I've noticed that since I updated to iOS5 I can send the smileys using the emoji keyboard and they work just fine but when others with the same keyboard on their iphones send me smileys they may or may not work.... not sure if that made sense.
It's really a totally minor and dumb issue but I'm wondering if there is a setting I can mess with somewhere. I disabled the keyboard, rebooted, synce'd etc and it's still very hit or miss as to whether I get an actual :) or the generic :0) type smiley.

Anyway, thanks for humoring me.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Are they on different carriers than you? That might be the issue which is most likely temporary. It was happening when Verizon first got the iPhone.

timmyb457

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Verizon can't receive them from an att iPhone but an AT&T iPhone can get them from a Verizon iPhone. I am not sure about sprint as I have never tested it

dixeechicken

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.... I've noticed that it doesn't seem to discriminate between carriers, although most of my friends are on AT&T. Maybe it will correct itself with an update or something later.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2