iPhone 4 bricked?

me3zyy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 on 4.3.4. It had a tethered jailbreak using redsn0w. I had some wifi problems so I selected the option to "reset all network settings" or something like that. Now my iPhone won't go past the apple logo. Getting it into DFU mode has not worked. I know how to get into DFU mode, and that is not the problem. I turn the phone off, hold the home and power button, but 5 seconds into that, the phone turns off. It does not allow me to hold it for 10 seconds. Is there ANY way for me to restore my phone to factory, or any way at all for me to connect and be identified by iTunes without fully powering on ?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 on 4.3.4. It had a tethered jailbreak using redsn0w. I had some wifi problems so I selected the option to "reset all network settings" or something like that. Now my iPhone won't go past the apple logo. Getting it into DFU mode has not worked. I know how to get into DFU mode, and that is not the problem. I turn the phone off, hold the home and power button, but 5 seconds into that, the phone turns off. It does not allow me to hold it for 10 seconds. Is there ANY way for me to restore my phone to factory, or any way at all for me to connect and be identified by iTunes without fully powering on ?

Turn phone off
Press power button and hold for 3 sec
Without letting go press the home button and hold count to 10

Release power button keep holding home untill computer sees the device
Once it's seen u are in recovery open iTunes and hit restore

me3zyy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Turn phone off
Press power button and hold for 3 sec
Without letting go press the home button and hold count to 10

Release power button keep holding home untill computer sees the device
Once it's seen u are in recovery open iTunes and hit restore

That's the instructions to get it into DFU mode. I know how to do that.

Getting it into DFU mode has not worked. I know how to get into DFU mode, and that is not the problem. I turn the phone off, hold the home and power button, but 5 seconds into that, the phone turns off. It does not allow me to hold it for 10 seconds.

My problem is that it does not go into DFU mode.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
That's the instructions to get it into DFU mode. I know how to do that.

My problem is that it does not go into DFU mode.

Normally even thou the phone shuts off if you keep following the instructions even thou phone seems to reboot and turn off it does go into dfu mode try using redsnow to boot to dfu then open in iTunes and restore

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2