cant restore jailbroken ipad 1

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
downloaded the software, and when it goes to restore a message saying

"the ipad could not be restored. this device isnt eligible for the requested build"

tried using a different cable, both cables used were apple cables. any ideas?

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Just trying to restore the phone to the newest firmware, and make it unjailbroken as I might swap it out due to a home button issue.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have also tried putting them into dfu mode to see if that would do anything. Same message. Can't restore or update the software. Both phone and iPad are on 4.2.1 with greenpoision jailbreak. Rc5.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It seems like iTunes is trying to restore, lets say the ipad, with iphone firmware. Or something along those lines.

I once downloaded the wrong firmware from Felixbruns and didnt realize it. I was trying to install ipod firmware on my iphone and kept getting that same error. Then i realized i had ipod firmware instead of iphone.

I hope you get everything straightened out.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have the same issue on my iPad 2, I've had it since 4.3.2 came out. Did you try downloading the version of firmware you have installed on the device and doing the shift+restore in iTunes? I'm just about to try that myself. It seems to fail when trying to authorize with Apple's servers for me.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Powers out at my house so I can do anything right now. And how will that work, taking it to apple, since jailbreaking breaks the warranty?

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just remove any physical signs of a JB. I took my wife's phone into the Apple store whilst jb. No issues with them. They took the phone, plugged it in to their deal behind the genius bar and gave it back to me fresh 10 minutes later

Jay, you should be fine!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
got the fix for you, reinstall iTunes. You don't need to uninstall what you have just reinstall from the latest file so it replaces whatever file has become corrupt. I have done it once on my own iTunes(Mac) and a co-worker(Windows). It worked both times as soon as I did it the upgrade worked just fine. If you're on Windows you get the option to repair or remove so choose repair and let it do it's thing.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
really? wow I just did another co-worker's computer and that worked again. I have no ideas for you, take it in to an Apple store and have them try to upgrade it. The upgrade will remove the JB and like I've said it's not like the JB means they'll take the device away or mark your name in some blacklist. I just went to the genius bar today with my JB phone and got them to clean out the headphone jack. He knew it was JBen and it wasn't a problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1