Slightly compex ipad problems from jailbreaking?

Rahmer420

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This is a little complex so please bear with me.. All Help is appreciated!!

I just bought my ipad recently and it came loaded with 4.3. I, of course, needed to jailbreak it. So I did the tethered jailbreak (redsnow i think). After getting annoyed of having to plug it in everytime i was going to boot i decided to downgrade and re-jailbreak. I downgraded to 4.2.1 and did the GreenPoison Untethered jailbreak.

Now after all of this the problems i have is my ipad will randomly turn off sometimes (has only happened when in sleep/lock mode). Sometimes = like once an hour if i'm not using it. This wouldn't be a huge problem, but it wont turn back on afterword. It won't do anything except boot to dfu mode and from there i can then boot it from Ibooty which i had from my tethered jailbreak.

As you can imagine this is beyond frustrating because if i want to use my ipad for more than 10min i pretty much have to bring my computer everywhere, which defeats the purpose. Thankyou for reading!!! If you have ANY ideas please let me know. (and yes i have re-restored and jailbroken twice)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is this an iPad2? I am really curious that you were able to load 4.2.x iOS on it, as that model of iPad was never intended to work with 4.2.1... perhaps the hardware differences are negligible, but then again, that could definitely be a part of the lockups...

Rahmer420

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
No it's the original ipad. It was an opened item... if that matters? I'm trying to upgrade back to 4.3 to see if it fixes it.. Then i'll just wait till the untethered jailbreak comes out for that (hopefully soon!) I'll post an update in an hour or so

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, you weren't clear, and I don't know if it does matter... my point was that the issue could be that you've loaded an OS that was never intended for that device... but since it's the original iPad, that should not be a factor...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am guessing you did not restore your iPad, but went with a clean install, right?

If not I would try the downgrade again and use a nice clean slate to JB on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2