MyProfiles Problem

built2prfctn

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So i have Myprofiles. Works great except the fact that it wont let me change the ring tone from here. It keep playing the default tone. Anyone know how to fix this. It only lets me adjust the volume.:mad:

Im also trying to lower the volume on my text messages? Is there another app that can do this? Or is there a better Profile app??

Thanks

theswami

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Try emailing the developer.

I am having problems with this app too. I just cannot get the silence settings to work well. I tried to turn the ringer off, lower the volume to 0% and the settings do not take. I sent an email to the developer but have not heard a response yet.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Try emailing the developer.

I am having problems with this app too. I just cannot get the silence settings to work well. I tried to turn the ringer off, lower the volume to 0% and the settings do not take. I sent an email to the developer but have not heard a response yet.

I'm in the same boat as you are. I set up a vibrate only profile and I can't get the ringer to go silent. I have the options for Ringer set to Off, Ringtone set to silent, and Volume to 0% but it doesn't seem to matter. I also sent an e-mail but have not received a response.

Note: I am on 4.2.6 on Verizon.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one having problems with this, but my problems are with everything. The rules engine doesn't work, it randomly changes profiles throught the day when I have a time rule on my work profile. It doesn't switch to home when I get home, I have it on a wifi rule and gps but it still doesn't detect. The order of the profiles is correct for it to do what I want. I've turned the rules engine off and was just switching between the profiles manually, but it still switches them for me.

I can only set up global alerts, I can't set one up for just one profile. I can't edit alerts, anyway, it seems to have its own set of rules it wants to use and won't let me change it off the default settings at all.

This app is a great concept, but none of the unique functionality works for me. Not happy about spending $7 for this. :mad:

garyf33

May 6, 2011
Visit site
First time poster and new to this board and a recent Iphone owner that switched from a Blackberry. I'm having a similar problem, trying to get everything to stay on Vibrate but no matter what I try I still get an audio alert with e-mail. I used profiles very much on my Blackberry since I need to keep my device on vibrate at work.

07outback

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
This is a great application! Though I wish it would be able to turn off all notifications instead of just the ringer, SMS, and email alerts. I have emailed the developer, but have not heard back from them concerning this.

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm also looking into this app. Coming from a BB, I used this the most. Basically I want to setting:

Day Mode: (all vibrate, no ringer due to my work enviroment)

Night Mode: (Ringer/Tone for phone calls, SMS/MMS Text, emails and other notifications Vibrate)

Is this possible with MyProfile?

Thanks
Bob

noonanbln

May 12, 2011
Visit site
@bob

actually it does work, but somewhow, at least on my phone it doesnt work to let myprofile make your iphone silent whil sms, email and notifcations should make a sound. so unfortunately i still need to switch manually from silent to ring on the iphones left side.

if there is anybody who knows how to fix or what to change in the myprofiles.plist let me know!! :)

thanks
noonan

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2