iOS on recent iphone purchases?

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
So, I am thinking of upgrading to the iphone 4. Anyone get one recently that can tell me the iOS that was installed. I need my jailbreak.

I have had a #gs for the past year and have my SHSH saved. Since i have had these, I havent been paying attention to the issues the iphone 4 users are having. Can I still jailbreak a new phone if it has 4.1 installed? or would I have needed saved files to do that?

Supra1jz

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
if you get it with 4.1 yes you can jailbreak it with limera1n and if it comes with 4.2.1 the yes but it will be tethered with redsn0w

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you can JB 4.1. Use redsnow, limerain or greenpoison. You only need to worry about having saved old SHSH files if you are restoring the phone to something other than 4.2.1.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
well, it is irrelevant now. I called ATT this morning. They pretty much said that they didnt want my business. I purchased 2 iphones in Feb 2010. I am eligible to upgrade the main line in July and the secondary line in Nov. No early upgrade with ATT.

They want $125 ETF for each line. It would be cheaper for me to pay the ETF and walk away from ATT then it would be to pay the ATT minor discount.

I also asked how I could become a valued customer to allow me to update my phones once a year. She said the computer decides, not people. She couldnt tell me what I could do to get moved to the VIP status.

I am still scratching my head on this one. I cant believe ATT would rather have a customer walk away then work with them to keep them. It really isnt any different then the offer last summer for early upgrades.

So, it looks like I am going to VZ sometime after the launch

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
well, it is irrelevant now. I called ATT this morning. They pretty much said that they didnt want my business. I purchased 2 iphones in Feb 2010. I am eligible to upgrade the main line in July and the secondary line in Nov. No early upgrade with ATT.

They want $125 ETF for each line. It would be cheaper for me to pay the ETF and walk away from ATT then it would be to pay the ATT minor discount.

I also asked how I could become a valued customer to allow me to update my phones once a year. She said the computer decides, not people. She couldnt tell me what I could do to get moved to the VIP status.

I am still scratching my head on this one. I cant believe ATT would rather have a customer walk away then work with them to keep them. It really isnt any different then the offer last summer for early upgrades.

So, it looks like I am going to VZ sometime after the launch

Wow..the computer decides huh? Sounds like a crop of S*&% if you ask me. AT&T works my nerves. I'm really thinking about leaving as well. I've only been with them a year and the only thing I DON'T regret the iPhone. They're service however...a lot worst than I expected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2