Before i go on..

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Alright yesterday i downloaded Blackra1n without any problems, it got me for the first try.. and i get the blackra1n app. What do you reconmend i should get? Rock or Cydia? If i chose either one of them, and keep the blackra1n app, will it allow me to unistall Cyida/Rock anytime? How can i avoid or what can i avoid getting my iphone broken or whatsoever?

thanks if u can answer, ill post more i have any

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Just install them both, some apps in Cydia aren't in Rock and vice versa.

Why would you want to uninstall Cydia or Rock? Blackra1n doesn't uninstall Cydia or Rock, it will just remove the blackra1n icon if you so desire ( though I recommend just hiding it ).

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Ok thanks, Could u reply to " How can i avoid or what can i avoid getting my iphone broken or whatsoever?, when its jailbroken so i can still keep my warranty "

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Ok thanks, Could u reply to " How can i avoid or what can i avoid getting my iphone broken or whatsoever?, when its jailbroken so i can still keep my warranty "

Well, technically when you are JB your are out of Warranty. If you ever had to take your phone to Apple for whatever reason, just do a "Full Restore" through iTunes and POOF!! You back in warranty!:D

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
THANKS ! for replying on that but can anyone answer this?

""How can i avoid or what can i avoid getting my iphone broken or whatsoever so i could restore to keep my warranty??""

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have never seen a jailbroken app bricking an iPhone. Most of the problems come from the process of jailbreaking. Or not following the directions when jailbreaking.

I explained the warranty question in your other post.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Here's the issue. The SECOND you jailbreak your phone, it voids Apple's warranty. It's a well known fact. We aren't guessing here. They WILL NOT fix your phone if it has issues and is jailbroken at the time you bring it to them for repairs.

HOWEVER, if you simply connect the phone to iTunes before you need it repaired, and update or restore to the current, stock firmware that Apple pushes through iTunes, otherwise known as an OS ("operating system"), and THEN further set your phone up AS NEW (do NOT restore from backup), then that will erase any trace of a jailbreak.

Even Apple employees have told me this, directly to my ears. So I'm not making this up.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
As far as Cydia/Rock, I have had many problems with Rock. It DOES look smoother, and it SEEMINGLY works faster, however, about 2 weeks ago, Rock was the reason I almost lost my jailbreak. It was 'updated' with a bug that caused your iPhone to LOSE all available memory. The issue with that was that it was eating all free space, and messages would come up telling me to delete pictures, videos, and to uninstall apps. The problem is that when you run out of memory, the phone will completely freeze up, and force you to reboot. Upon rebooting, BECAUSE you have no memory, the OS ("operating system") would refuse to start.

It took every bit of troubleshooting that's I've spent the better part of a year learning to RETAIN my jailbreak and unlock, using multiple programs, multiple methods, working around multiple errors and all of Apple's bullsh*t.

All because of Rock.

Here are some other known issues with Rock.

-Rock Extentions does NOT play nice with Cydia's mobile substrate. They OFTEN (multiple times a week) will conflict and put you into 'safe mode', also known as "sad iPhone".
-Rock has broken the ability to watch movies and/or YouTube. If you watch videos, 1 out of every 3 videos will freeze and cause you to respring. This works with videos that you've recorded as well.
-Viewing your camera roll would also cause the same resprings from above.

Overall, Cydia is just better, and it has a larger database if you've added all appropriate sources.