iPhone Crushes When Plugged To PC

Lcfr

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
iPhone starts to lose available memory When Plugged To PC

Well, hello...

I'm a new member here, and i would like to greet you all.

Onto my problem.

I'm a proud owner of an j/b iPhone 3g 3.1.2 (using blackra1n, tethered).

All was good with my phone.

3-4 Hours ago, i plugged it on my Pc (windows 7) to sync some comics (via iPhone Explorer) and some music (via iTunes and CopyTrans Suite). Suddenly i saw the classic respring icon in the middle of the springboard for about 4-5minutes. Then the device reboots.

I though it was just a random crush. But alas, every time i plug my iPhone to my Pc, after 1 or 2 minutes the same thing happens. I changed usb ports, tried to reboot windows, tried to kill itunes, mobile services etc from task manager, but nothing works.

I thought about restoring, but i can't, since the new firmware is around.

The bad thing is that i don't have another PC available right now, to try and connect my iPhone.

So, is there a member here familiar with this thing? Any solutions? Any other way to transfer music files to iPhone?
...Or, Should i just shut up, and wait for the new j/b?

Thank you all for your time.

Be gentle,

-Lcfr.
Ps. I might add that Windows stopped recognizing the phone as a "digital Camera" (or something like that) for some strange reason. Once i plug it in, i hear the "ding-dong" sound, and the iTunes starts. Nothing on My Computer window.
Ps2. I tried uninstalling and installing iTunes, and the problem persists..

Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
There isn't really much to suggest right now, becaus way we would NORMALLY suggest Wouk be to set it up as new, but I believe you can only do that with 3.1.3, which cannot be jailbroken or unlocked as of yet.

Lcfr

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Wouk? I don't really know what that means...

And as I mentioned, I tried uninstalling iTunes without any luck....

-L.
I can still use my phone jailbroken, and I can transfer comics apps and pics thru ssh. Sadly I can't transfer any more music...

Deathcommand

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
You should have the old firmware still in your computer,
put into recovery mode and click shift(on your keyboard) + restore(on itunes) (i believe[maybe ctrl and click] ) and find the old firmware file
then restore off of there.
Good luck!

Lcfr

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
So, today i found out, that when i plug my iPhone, on ANY PC (tried it on a different one, no iTunes installed), its memory starts to drop, and eventually freeze when the available memory reaches zero. I can see from sbsettings the memory leek.

Maybe its something i installed?
Anyone encountered this before?

Thanks for any reply.

-L.