Cydia problem....

bek

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
For some reason Cydia won't load for me. It was working fine earlier this morning, but now, it will start to load then just go back to the Springboard. I have already re-booted a couple of times. Not sure what to do after that. Any thoughts?

toddy23

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
Possible solution

For some reason Cydia won't load for me. It was working fine earlier this morning, but now, it will start to load then just go back to the Springboard. I have already re-booted a couple of times. Not sure what to do after that. Any thoughts?

I had this problem yesterday after trying to upgrade an app from Cydia - whilst uprading the app the phone locked down to the Apple Logo. Managed to reboot it but when trying to launch Cydia again, it started to launch then went straight back to Springboard after a couple of seconds. Sounds similar to your experience.

As with most of these issues there is always someone on a forum somewhere who has managed to work it out. It appears that its an error to do with downloading Winterboard and dpkg errors (the last part meant nothing to me).

Anyway, if you can SSH into your iphone go to:

var/lib/dpkg/updates - and delete all files in the update folder.

Cydia has worked fine since.

Hope that helps

bek

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem yesterday after trying to upgrade an app from Cydia - whilst uprading the app the phone locked down to the Apple Logo. Managed to reboot it but when trying to launch Cydia again, it started to launch then went straight back to Springboard after a couple of seconds. Sounds similar to your experience.

As with most of these issues there is always someone on a forum somewhere who has managed to work it out. It appears that its an error to do with downloading Winterboard and dpkg errors (the last part meant nothing to me).

Anyway, if you can SSH into your iphone go to:

var/lib/dpkg/updates - and delete all files in the update folder.

Cydia has worked fine since.

That is exactly what happened to me, however, I have no idea what "ssh into your iphone" means. I am still having the issue. If you can possibly tell me how to do that, it would be great.
Thanks

toddy23

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
That is exactly what happened to me, however, I have no idea what "ssh into your iphone" means. I am still having the issue. If you can possibly tell me how to do that, it would be great.
Thanks

SSH into your iphone essentially means getting access to your iphone files directory remotely and also gives you the ability to edit/add/delete files. Think of it like accessing your computer files.

There are loads of posts on youtube on how to SSH into the iphone (either Windows or Mac)

Your problem will be that as you cannot access Cydia you wont be able to install a file called OpenSSH - which essentially enables you to go into your iphone file directories.

There maybe another solution:Have you installed Icy? - if so then you can still search for OpenSSH file on there, install it and then check youtube for guides on SSH into the iphone and then follow my earlier email about what files to delete.

Failing that you may have to restore/re-jailbreak unfortunately.Once you do I would install OpenSSH just in case anything like this happens again.

Dont forget if you do restore DO NOT upgrade to 3.1 firmware as you wont be able to re-jailbreak.

Hope you get it working again

bek

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I did not install Icy (obviously wish I had). I just went to do a restore to re-jailbreak, and the only option it is giving me is to upgrade to 3.1.
itunes is not letting me restore to 3.0.1. Is there a way to restore to 3.0.1, or is there a way to install Icy without going through Cydia? Thanks again for any help.

mypellia

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm also having similar issues. My iphone ran out of battery when a theme download was just finished download. The next power up somehow disable me to launch Cydia. It just spring me back to the apps panel. :-(

Luckily, most apps still working. Now I can't browse or manage any of Cydia applications or sources.

Any help? Pardon me a noob.

Thanks!

toddy23

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I did not install Icy (obviously wish I had). I just went to do a restore to re-jailbreak, and the only option it is giving me is to upgrade to 3.1.
itunes is not letting me restore to 3.0.1. Is there a way to restore to 3.0.1, or is there a way to install Icy without going through Cydia? Thanks again for any help.

You can now re-jailbreak to 3.1. Just go to iphoneblog's home page...go to the article "Dev Team Releases PwnageTool 3.1 for Mac OS X"....
then go to the comments in the article....comment 3 has a link to a complete tutorial on how to jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.1 which should help.

If you have a 3GS you will have to wait as its a little bit more complicated but the Dev Team will get there soon. I dont think you will have to wait too long.

Unfortunately you can only get Icy through Cydia. That said when you do re-jailbreak don't install Icy on setting up the jailbreak (sometimes it gives you that option). You can install it once your jailbreak has finished and you have Cydia loaded on your iphone.

Hope that helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2