Jailbreak Procedure From 2.1 to 2.2

WOTUFAKA

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
If a phone is already jailbroken, is the procedure the same to upgrade to 2.2 or do we have to do something different? I have a Jailbroken 3G 2.1 and want to upgrade to 2.2

All the tutorials seem to cover how to jailbreak a new phone rather than upgrading an already jailbroken phone.

Thanks in advance!

PS- I'm running a MBP

macdripper

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
I believe it's almost the same process except that you gonna do it using the PWNAGE tool this time. I did mine using the tutorial posted on this site.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If a phone is already jailbroken, is the procedure the same to upgrade to 2.2 or do we have to do something different? I have a Jailbroken 3G 2.1 and want to upgrade to 2.2

All the tutorials seem to cover how to jailbreak a new phone rather than upgrading an already jailbroken phone.

Thanks in advance!

PS- I'm running a MBP

Are you on the AT&T and don't care about unlocking in the future? If so then simply download the latest QuickPwn and use that. All there is to it.

WOTUFAKA

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Bad Ash-

I am on ATT but DO CARE about unlocking in the future. Since this is the case, I assume I just use the PWNAGE tool rather than the QuickPwn? Or is there a different procedure I have to follow?

Thanks for responding!

House

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I have the same problem. I do care about unlocking in the future but I have absolutely no access to a Mac. It is driving me crazy waiting for a PC version of PwnageTool 2.2. Since the DevTeam has been working on other projects, I don't think they will ever release it for the PC.

I thought about try to Pwn at the Apple Store on one of their comps but I believe an admin password would be needed. It is very frusturating.

If anyone know how to Jailbreak 2.2 on a PC while preserving the baseband, please let us know!!!

Thanks

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I have the same problem. I do care about unlocking in the future but I have absolutely no access to a Mac. It is driving me crazy waiting for a PC version of PwnageTool 2.2. Since the DevTeam has been working on other projects, I don't think they will ever release it for the PC.

I thought about try to Pwn at the Apple Store on one of their comps but I believe an admin password would be needed. It is very frusturating.

If anyone know how to Jailbreak 2.2 on a PC while preserving the baseband, please let us know!!!

Thanks

This is the only way. And yes you need a Mac. [Currently]

How To: Jailbreak iPhone 2.2 (Preserving Baseband) - Mac OS X Edition | The iPhone Blog

s1w

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Problem, my 2G 2.2 jailbroken phone dialer just crashed. Can't do anything.

What do I need to do to restore it and get it back to "jailbroken and unlocked" The tutorials are confusing and speak mostly to 3G. Not sure what tool to use and what firmware. Is the firmware the same for 2G and 3G?