Animated GIF solution?

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I suppose this question has been asked before, however I'm just looking for a way to get my animated gifs into my camera roll. Preferably without having to manually send and save them all(I have well over 100). When I was on android, I just had an album called "gifs" in Google Photos and this suited my needs (mostly for hangouts) but I'm only able to share from the local camera roll with Hangouts for IOS.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I simply save them to my camera roll as I do a photo. I store most in my Box app in a folder called gifs. Why can't you save them to your camera roll?

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I simply save them to my camera roll as I do a photo. I store most in my Box app in a folder called gifs. Why can't you save them to your camera roll?

Honestly because it would be so tedious. Like I said I have a good 100+... Plus my ultimate goal is to get a solution together that allows me to sync the gifs if I can. I thought about iCloud but I don't think it supports animated gifs

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Honestly because it would be so tedious. Like I said I have a good 100+... Plus my ultimate goal is to get a solution together that allows me to sync the gifs if I can. I thought about iCloud but I don't think it supports animated gifs

Maybe I'm missing something. Where are the gifs currently stored?

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something. Where are the gifs currently stored?
Currently I have Gifs stored in Google Drive (and google photos.)

I did a test yesterday where I went through and downloaded a bunch VIA Safari, and they -do- save as animated. When I go to share in Hangouts, the "recent photos" view shows the animated gifs, but when I hit the button to go and find another picture (Opens Photos app) it isn't the animated one. Very odd.

Anyone made a feature request to Apple? lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Currently I have Gifs stored in Google Drive (and google photos.)

I did a test yesterday where I went through and downloaded a bunch VIA Safari, and they -do- save as animated. When I go to share in Hangouts, the "recent photos" view shows the animated gifs, but when I hit the button to go and find another picture (Opens Photos app) it isn't the animated one. Very odd.

Anyone made a feature request to Apple? lol

Oh, ok. They're not animated while in the camera roll. But they become animated when you share. Test by sending one to yourself by iMessage. Mine don't work in the camera roll either. But they do after sharing.

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh, ok. They're not animated while in the camera roll. But they become animated when you share. Test by sending one to yourself by iMessage. Mine don't work in the camera roll either. But they do after sharing.

Can confirm that iMessage works with this (At least!)... Unfortunately all of my friends are on Hangouts (in a group) and since iMessage isn't multi-platform there's no switching :). Sharing in Hangouts still seems off, since when you send from the list of recent pics, it animates fine, but manually selecting them out of Camera Roll only gets the still-frame version.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can confirm that iMessage works with this (At least!)... Unfortunately all of my friends are on Hangouts (in a group) and since iMessage isn't multi-platform there's no switching :). Sharing in Hangouts still seems off, since when you send from the list of recent pics, it animates fine, but manually selecting them out of Camera Roll only gets the still-frame version.

Must be a limitation of Hangouts. I can share gifs from the camera roll to iMessage, Twitter and email. Haven't tried anywhere else. Oh, and MMS. Just checked. It also works in Facebook Messenger from the camera roll.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77