Siri doesn't recognize my contacts

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
iOS 9.3 fixed almost all of the problems for me. If is ask Siri, "What is [my daughter's name]'s phone number?", it works. If I say, "Send a message to [my daughter's name]," it says that it cannot, so it's not perfect.

I'll so some more testing later.

Yeah just updated myself not too long ago and I hope the bugs are worked out.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It's official for me - 9.3 fixed all of the contact access problem in Siri.

[edit] All of my Siri problems. "Hey Siri, open the music app" actually opens the music app rather than tell me I have no app called music on my phone.

Last edited:

DeanoV6

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem too, eventually I went into my Spotlight Search settings and went through all the many games and utilities in the list that I am never going to want to search and turned those all off, leaving just the things I want to search turned on (mail, news, contacts etc.). This seems to have done the trick. My theory is Siri gets to a point where there are too many things enabled in Spotlight Search for it to cope!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with asking for "wife", try entering "spouse" in her contact card. Then ask Siri to call your spouse. Works for me. Seems to be an issue with the word "Wife".

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Wife is not listed in the default list.
d3f68488d96170255d43b88830ba0aa3.png

Andrew Conner1

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issue with the 6S. I learned the problem was I had first and last names on the same line under first name. Then I changed it and put their last names on the last name line. The problem was resolved.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with the 6S. I learned the problem was I had first and last names on the same line under first name. Then I changed it and put their last names on the last name line. The problem was resolved.

I only have my Wife's first name listed. I have "wife" as relationship. But Siri has no clue. If I tell Siri Rhonda is my wife, Siri says she knew that. Lol. Yet Spouse works ok.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My fix for Siri not recognizing "wife" was to go to iCloud in settlngs, toggle contacts off (choose delete from my phone), then toggle contacts back on. Then go to settings > Siri > Toggle off, then toggle Siri back on. Now when I ask Siri to call my wife, she does. LOL

brettferrell

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My fix for Siri not recognizing "wife" was to go to iCloud in settlngs, toggle contacts off (choose delete from my phone), then toggle contacts back on. Then go to settings > Siri > Toggle off, then toggle Siri back on. Now when I ask Siri to call my wife, she does. LOL

Thanks, turning iCloud contacts off/on seems to have fixed this for me as well (iOS 13.3.1).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2