What happend to Mail Drop in iOS 9?

TheJimM

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I thought sure I saw Mail drop in iOS beta...

Is it there and I can't find it, or settings to change.

I want to send multiple photos via email...

Thoughts?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It seems the second I choose over 5 photos, the ability to mail goes away..
Are you able to make it work with photos?

I think there is a 5 pic limit direct from camera roll. Or use photo album apps like MyPhoto Pro. Upload your photos to MyPhoto Pro. Then delete from the camera roll. Then you can send up to 20 photos per email. That's the email limit.
I like this app. It even has a secret album.
MyPhoto Pro - Smart Photo Manager by TIDY INC
https://appsto.re/us/9tUtw.i

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's a 5 photo limit directly emailing from the Photos app.
However you can select more than five photos and select Copy rather than Email from the Share menu. Then open an email and paste them in. In this case the limit really depends on the size of attachments your and your recipient's email provider allows.
You can also long press in the body of an email to get he pop up menu, slide the menu to the left and select the option to Attach a Photo. Select the photo you want and then repeat as needed for additional photos. Again the limit is the email provider.
As far as Mail Drop is concerned, I'm fairly sure that initiating Mail Drop is from OS X only. Any device (including non iOS) can receive a mail Drop message and download the content, but it can only be sent from OS X.

I know all those options. Only one at a time though. You can't select multiple photos by copy and paste or by bringing up the option bar in Mail. I think that's what he was looking for.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Photos, Camera Roll, Select (top right), check multiple photos, share button, Copy. Go into mail message, long press, Paste.

Wait! I remember now how I was doing it. Tap 1 pic. Tap arrow, then tap more pics up above. I was stuck on marking only 1 pic.
And you can do 20 this way with Gmail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2