iPhone battery at 70% after charging all night after ios9

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
After I installed ios9 my phone has been setting at ~70% when I take it off the charger in the morning. It has never done that until I installed ios9. I have verified it will charge to 100% and that the charger is good as well as the cord, both apple products so no 3rd party issue. Anyone else having this problem?

Things that I will try:
Different charger and cord (tonight)
Rebooting phone (already done)

Things I will not try:
Clean install.

Any help is appreciated.

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i have my doubts, i feel it's likely a bug in the update. i am more interested in waiting till they identify the problem and patch it than i am in losing all of my data on my phone that's tied to the apps. looking back at the beta posts this was a problem and maybe it just didn't get squashed properly.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
i have my doubts, i feel it's likely a bug in the update. i am more interested in waiting till they identify the problem and patch it than i am in losing all of my data on my phone that's tied to the apps. looking back at the beta posts this was a problem and maybe it just didn't get squashed properly.

If this was truly a bug, it would seem that others would see similar behavior. So far, no one else is reporting the issue.

Why not try this:
  1. Connect your phone to your computer.
  2. Do an ENCRYPTED backup to iTunes.
  3. Restore your device and set it up as new.
  4. Run the phone for a period of time.
  5. Put it on your charger and see if it will charge beyond the 70% point.
By doing an ENCRYPTED backup prior to this test, you can always just restore it from that backup... but it will also help you (and us) determine if the issue is with your device, with iOS 9 or with something within your device (data/settings/apps/etc).

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
After I installed ios9 my phone has been setting at ~70% when I take it off the charger in the morning. It has never done that until I installed ios9. I have verified it will charge to 100% and that the charger is good as well as the cord, both apple products so no 3rd party issue. Anyone else having this problem?

Things that I will try:
Different charger and cord (tonight)
Rebooting phone (already done)

Things I will not try:
Clean install.

Any help is appreciated.

Let the phone die all the way, then attempt to charge it up again. Battery specs may be corrupt? That used to happen with my old Android phones after an OS update sometimes.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Let the phone die all the way, then attempt to charge it up again. Battery specs may be corrupt? That used to happen with my old Android phones after an OS update sometimes.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. ��

this may be the case, watching it all day it's only dropped ~5% so it may be just misreading the charge level.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's at that percentage after having been charging all night.......

Going from one thread to another, they start to run together. LOL
Try calibrating like others suggest. Also do a hard reset.
You don't say what phone it is or how old it is. If it's an older phone, the battery may be waning.

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I can understand them all running together. I'm currently running the battery down to calibrate. I also have a hunch it might be the hey Siri thing I turned on. I'm going to turn that off to see if there is a difference. It's an iPhone 6 so only 1 year old.

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to provide an update, last night after draining the phone battery to zero I plugged the phone up. It kept turning on then off again so I changed the charging block and then the phone started charging normally and was at 100% this morning when I took it off the charger. I think it's too early to say it's fixed but there is now strong evidence it was my charging block.

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
after a few days with the new charger all seems well, it seems that it was just a coincidence that my charging block went dead the day i installed ios9.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2