Keep losing wifi!

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 6 will not keep my wifi signal. It constantly keeps losing wifi. Then gets it again and drops it. All day long. Anyone else have this issue or any way to fix it?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 6 will not keep my wifi signal. It constantly keeps losing wifi. Then gets it again and drops it. All day long. Anyone else have this issue or any way to fix it?
I've read in the forum where some folks are reporting that. It's not happening to me. I think it might have been under 8.0.2. Are you on 8.1 now?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Tried resetting network settings and still same issue. This is so annoying.

I had this and have a few forum threads running about this. I exchanged my iphone 6 and although it did happen once after I swapped it hasn't happened for s few weeks now. Have you updated all your apps? I suspected that a particular app was causing this

GolfnCPA

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem, upgraded firmware on my router, reset network settings and it was fixed. 6+ on 8.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Weirdly I've not had this problem for a few weeks so thought it was fixed but I went out shopping during the day yesterday and didn't use my iphone once so would have been on wifi at home the rest of the weekend and today I notice I've used 150mb !!! This cannot be background services as I have all apps closed after I use them out of habit and I never even used my phone whilst out so it must have been me using it at home and not noticing it had lost wifi at some stage.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
It can't be a router issue as the rest of my family have no issues. Going to make appt at Apple Store I guess

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
This is software not hardware as it happens to iPhone 5 users and I've swapped iPhones a couple of times and nothing of my iphone 6 do the same. The Apple Store won't make any difference.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
All of my IOS 8.1 devices are doing the same thing. 5s, 6, and iPad mini retina.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It is a bug in 8.1. My 6 degrades the wifi speed until I forget the network and resign again. Then it degrades again after a while. If you are running a dual 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz router try and set it to 2.4 ghz. It helps with the slowdown but does not eliminate it.

Of all the iOSes that I have used this has been the buggiest. I hope that this is not the future of all iOSes.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
It fixed itself for the longest time and then I just downloaded the latest update and it's happening again! Ugh. So frustrating

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2