iTunes won't update to iOS 7 or even restore iOS 6.1.4

Adam Eastburn

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
I am having trouble updating my iPhone 5 to iOS 7. I in the UK and have a A1429 model iPhone. I have downloaded the correct firmware from the evad3rs website as well as the 6.1.4 firmware from another website. I have began to follow the necessary stages but when I start to restore my phone, the extract completes but then it comes up with a message saying that my iPhone could not be restored because an unknown error occurred (3194).

As this has not worked, I have tried to directly do Shift+Check for Updates and clicked on the iOS 7 file as my phone was not jailbroken which also did not work.

Any help on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
iOS 7 is in beta for registered developers (and their teams) only. If you're not one of either of those, you shouldn't be on iOS 7.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
I am having trouble updating my iPhone 5 to iOS 7. I in the UK and have a A1429 model iPhone. I have downloaded the correct firmware from the evad3rs website as well as the 6.1.4 firmware from another website. I have began to follow the necessary stages but when I start to restore my phone, the extract completes but then it comes up with a message saying that my iPhone could not be restored because an unknown error occurred (3194).

As this has not worked, I have tried to directly do Shift+Check for Updates and clicked on the iOS 7 file as my phone was not jailbroken which also did not work.

Any help on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated

I had the unknown error issue too - I closed ITunes, hard reset my phone, when I tried again it worked perfectly.Shift + Check for Updates, then manually selecting the IOS file is the way to do it