Exactly as Blink state, setup as new, it may taker a bit to setup account and such. But worth it in the long run.
    BLiNK likes this.
    10-06-2012 09:18 AM
    another thing i would like to add.. when the iOS 6 GM came out i Restored as New, like always. but for some reason i ran into a battery performance issue last week which i found very odd. so i did a Reset Network Settings, Reset All Settings and a charge cycle. now my battery performance is great again

not sure if this is related or not but i did notice during the time of my battery woes i was also experiencing the brightness issue that can come along with iOS 6
    10-06-2012 09:21 AM
    Why does my battery life suck?-2012-09-28-14.14.17.png

This was yesterdays screen shot.

I think i will back it up and then restore it from new. It seems to be working for the general consensus. Thanks for the help!

Just to confirm...
    1) I'm going to back it up....
    2) plug it into iTunes and set up as a new phone...
    3) log in with apple id to get my contacts, calendar, purchases, et al, back to my phone...
    4) load any other music from itunes...

Did I miss anything?
    10-06-2012 09:24 AM
    looks good to me. however, you may want to make notes of your account information for your emails. if you are not very familiar with them it can save a lot time when setting up as new

i have 3 POP and 3 exchange and used to be very tedious but now i can do them with my eyes closed lol
    10-06-2012 09:36 AM
    looks good to me. however, you may want to make notes of your account information for your emails. if you are not very familiar with them it can save a lot time when setting up as new

i have 3 POP and 3 exchange and used to be very tedious but now i can do them with my eyes closed lol
    That is good?!? 2hrs/40 min of light use (texts/email and some music, occasional twitter glance) with a 6hr standby to 45%?!?! I thought that was pretty crappy.... so maybe I'll leave it... if it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    10-06-2012 01:29 PM
    That is good?!? 2hrs/40 min of light use (texts/email and some music, occasional twitter glance) with a 6hr standby to 45%?!?! I thought that was pretty crappy.... so maybe I'll leave it... if it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    iBrass, I think when BLiNK said "looks good" he meant the order of instructions you listed to do the restore as new, and thats why he also added in for you to take notes for your email addys.....not towards your battery screen shot.
    10-06-2012 01:36 PM
    :face palm:

---------- Post Merged at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:43 PM ----------

10-06-2012 01:43 PM

---------- Post Merged at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Lol, no worries. Ya know how many times I've sometimes misread something and had to go back to read it
    10-06-2012 01:48 PM
    Lol, no worries. Ya know how many times I've sometimes misread something and had to go back to read it
    I know right?

---------- Post Merged at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Will iTunes prompt me for the iOS6 update right away?
    10-06-2012 02:00 PM
    I know right?

---------- Post Merged at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Will iTunes prompt me for the iOS6 update right away?
    Do your back up first and then click restore. Once that starts I believe it'll ask you about backing up, which you would've just done, and then once that happens it'll pop up wih the ios6 update and you'll just have to confirm & accept it.

I believe it's along those lines. Last phone I restored was my daughters about 3wks ago and I don't remember the exact steps.
    10-06-2012 02:25 PM
    Well, Sunday night here and this is where I am at. 5% left, 7 hours 16 min usage, 2 days 4 hours standby. Improvement? Slightly. However, here is the twist. I have used my phone maybe 30 minutes all weekend. When I pulled it off of charge Friday at 100% it showed 0 usage and 0 standby, so that is not the issue. So, how am I shwing over 7 hours with actual 30 mins? Explain that one! ;-)
    10-07-2012 08:15 PM
    Well, Sunday night here and this is where I am at. 5% left, 7 hours 16 min usage, 2 days 4 hours standby. Improvement? Slightly. However, here is the twist. I have used my phone maybe 30 minutes all weekend. When I pulled it off of charge Friday at 100% it showed 0 usage and 0 standby, so that is not the issue. So, how am I shwing over 7 hours with actual 30 mins? Explain that one! ;-)
    Wait a minute.........So your saying you can off the charger Friday, and now it's 2 days 4hrs standby with 7hrs 16min usage, but in reality you've only used your phone for 30mins ??? your sure you didn't use your phone for that time, receiving emails, making phone calls, text/iMessages etc ???

Yea I know I'm questioning it cause it just sounds wrong lol. Did you ever do the restore? If so then I hate to say it, but if you charge up and your stats come up wonky again, I'd say you may need to do a restore again.....
    10-07-2012 08:24 PM
    Did the reset/restore etc last week. Maybe it registers a minute for every unlock, push notification, etc? That's all I can think of. That's all the activity except for a bit that I have done all weekend. So, confusing.
    10-07-2012 09:20 PM
    It's still doing it after the rechange again. Seems every time it wakes up (alert, e-mail, pushing the home button to check time) it counts as a minute. Check it out, I am sure yours all do that same.
    10-09-2012 09:38 AM
    I'm going to have to reset my phone again as I feel that I am still getting poor battery life. I have already reset my phone once but the battery life didn't seem to change. Why does my battery life suck?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1349792196.787791.jpg
    10-09-2012 10:16 AM
    To answer the question, battery sucks because the iOS device is not working well with iCloud see Solving iOS 6 Battery Drain Problems the authors solution worked on my 4s and my wife's 4
    10-10-2012 10:53 PM
    There is no "fix" to the battery life that you can execute. Apple has to fix it. It's either iOS 6 or a hardware failure in the iPhone 5 (or a little of both). I'm swaying towards iOS 6 since I know of 6 people who have upgraded their iphone 4, 4s, ipad 2, ipad 3's and have battery drain issues that were SEVERE. For instance, my ipad 3 (never updated, thankfully) gets about 5 days of battery life. My friend's ipad 3 was updated to iOS 6 and now gets about 23 hours of total runtime.

I'm on my second 5, tried everything (yes, everything) to get it to be right. Different restores, toggle options on/off, Reset settings, etc,etc. Finally a DFU restore with deleting the IPSW in itunes prior to the restore, and set up as a new phone. I get approx 4.5 hours of usage and 16 hours of standby....on a daily basis. That's AWFUL. My former 4S on iOS 5 gets an average of 10 hours of usage and 1.25 days or standby. Apple has called me direct (their engineering dept in CA) to run a battery profile (tracks battery use) and send that info to them. They know they failed, the question is how long it will take to get a fix.....AND....whether hardware is involved in the problem. Remember what the solution was for the iPhone 4 and it's faulty antenna? a bumper. That's not a 'fix', that's called a band-aid. That's like buying a new Lexus and it has awful wind noise, when you bring it back to the dealer, he say's "yeah, we're aware of it....we're really sorry. Here's a fix for that".....and then hands you a pair or earplugs and pats you on the back.
    10-13-2012 12:12 PM
    There is no "fix" to the battery life that you can execute. Apple has to fix it. It's either iOS 6 or a hardware failure in the iPhone 5 (or a little of both). I'm swaying towards iOS 6 since I know of 6 people who have upgraded their iphone 4, 4s, ipad 2, ipad 3's and have battery drain issues that were SEVERE. For instance, my ipad 3 (never updated, thankfully) gets about 5 days of battery life. My friend's ipad 3 was updated to iOS 6 and now gets about 23 hours of total runtime.

I'm on my second 5, tried everything (yes, everything) to get it to be right. Different restores, toggle options on/off, Reset settings, etc,etc. Finally a DFU restore with deleting the IPSW in itunes prior to the restore, and set up as a new phone. I get approx 4.5 hours of usage and 16 hours of standby....on a daily basis. That's AWFUL. My former 4S on iOS 5 gets an average of 10 hours of usage and 1.25 days or standby. Apple has called me direct (their engineering dept in CA) to run a battery profile (tracks battery use) and send that info to them. They know they failed, the question is how long it will take to get a fix.....AND....whether hardware is involved in the problem. Remember what the solution was for the iPhone 4 and it's faulty antenna? a bumper. That's not a 'fix', that's called a band-aid. That's like buying a new Lexus and it has awful wind noise, when you bring it back to the dealer, he say's "yeah, we're aware of it....we're really sorry. Here's a fix for that".....and then hands you a pair or earplugs and pats you on the back.
    I believe when people say fix they do mean helpful tips and tweak you can do to increase your battery. I for what I've read and experienced myself is that battery life is met by a iPhone which has been set up as new and not restored from a backup. Not saying that will happen to every user if they choose to restore from a old backup but it has prove to change the battery perfomance on my phone and others. So all the info and links we provide is just to make sure you get the best possible setup to met the "standard"-life.
    10-13-2012 03:51 PM
    My suspicion is that there's multiple causes of poor battery life, which is why some things work for some people and not others. For me, I got great battery life the majority of the time. With iOS5 on my iPhone 4, I did have sporadic times where the battery drained like crazy, not fixed by a reboot, but fixed when I "end tasked" on 20 or 30 apps. So I believe something related to the multitasking of one of the apps (staying on when it shouldn't have). Never did find out which app(s) it was. Didn't seem consistent. Haven't had that happen in iOS6 yet (get great battery life, 10+ hours of video podcasts). Oh, and always restored my phone from backups, never set up as new since my iPhone 3g...
    10-16-2012 11:38 AM
44 12