Battery drain

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced a horrible battery drain since updating to 8.0? I turned all pretty much all notifications and turned off the screen turning on every time I move my wrist but my battery is still barely lasting through the “waking hours” as even asleep I lost 33% and my watch and phone are on do not disturb. It’s the series 5 watch if that matters.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My battery is the same as with watchOS 7. Before the pair/unpair, I'd try powering down the watch, then the iPhone, then start the iPhone, then start the watch. See if that helps.

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I am having the battery drain issue.. some days it won't even last 4 hours!!! I will go to sleep with a full charge, and wake up to a dead battery in 6 hours. I am going to try the unpair/pair suggestion, will report back.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven’t noticed any significant battery drain compared to watchOS 7.

I take my Watch of charger around 9:30 pm and the next day it’s still at 50% charge around 6 pm.
I have always on display disabled but everything else enabled. I also use AutoSleep to track my sleep, so there’s that.

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Unpairing and pairing did not fix the issue. Still drained my watch from 88% to 9% in less than 2 hours. I updated to the latest beta, but it did not resolve the issue.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Unpairing and pairing did not fix the issue. Still drained my watch from 88% to 9% in less than 2 hours. I updated to the latest beta, but it did not resolve the issue.

You should take it in to the Genius Bar and have them have a look at it.
This is definitely not normal behavior.

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes, i was thinking the same. Interestingly this issue cropped up only after the beta update, did not have this issue prior to that.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I would definitely contact Apple support. Because if they’re really in truly is an issue and I’m not doubting you but Apple needs to know! The sooner Apple knows the sooner a fix will be released in an upcoming update.

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I have contacted Apple support, and they are sending me a new one, using the "advanced exchange" program, it cost me nothing, but have to pay a "deposit" of ~800 dollars which will be refunded when they receive my defective unit. The phone-based troubleshooting was a bit of a joke, in that most questions were not very diagnostic in nature, but rather my opinion on how much time I expected the watch to last, etc.. will report back once the new unit is in my possession.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have contacted Apple support, and they are sending me a new one, using the "advanced exchange" program, it cost me nothing, but have to pay a "deposit" of ~800 dollars which will be refunded when they receive my defective unit. The phone-based troubleshooting was a bit of a joke, in that most questions were not very diagnostic in nature, but rather my opinion on how much time I expected the watch to last, etc.. will report back once the new unit is in my possession.

Hope the op has the same outcome.
giphy.gif

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've experienced random battery loss by mid-day or late afternoon. Watch 6 starts out at 100% battery before I start the workday around 0645. At least four times in the past few weeks, my watch has alerted me that it is down to 10% battery life by the afternoon. I can't narrow down a specific use case or app that might be causing the problem. I use the Apple Workout app daily, and monitor texts or reminders on the watch. Beyond that, not much use. Screen is set to wake or raise, with a 15 second timer to turn off the screen. I do have the hand washing timer enabled.

In the Apple Community discussion below, others may be having a similar problem. I have not yet updated the iPhone 8 to iOS 15, thus no WatchOS 8 yet for the Apple Watch 6. The iPhone 8 is sluggish with iOS 14.8, and I am not in a rush to update to iOS 15. Before these random rapid battery loss scenarios, the Watch 6 would typically be around 55-60% battery life left when I put it back on the charger around 2145. Yesterday WatchOS 7.6.2 crashed (rebooted itself to the Apple logo). Completely random.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253013634

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW