iOS 6 bugs and feedback

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
dont know if this is an iOS 6 update problem but my sister in law and i both experienced this...

i tried saving a picture from my Pinterest app and it gives me the option to save to the camera roll but then when i go to the camera roll, the picture is not there. i did this a couple of times with different pictures but still nothing.

I noticed this with a couple other apps as well. when i first connected to the pinterest app it prompted me to allow pinterest to access my photos and i said no.. not sure if this has anything to do with it.

please help if you can!

You will need to go in and allow those apps to use your photo app.

Sent from my iPhone 4

ugmug

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Cant read spread shhets with new iOS6 update

Hello everyone,
Ugmug here! I'm having a little issue on my 4s. Before the iOS update, I was able to view spread sheets sent to me from my boss. After the update, i suddenly cant view the spread sheets, along with some other problems that I have managed to get around/solve.

My main concern is to get those spread sheets viewable again. Until then, I have no idea when i have to go in to work.

Please, if anybody knows a solution to this little issue, please let me know how to resolve it.

E-POTS

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't help myself so I upgrade over the weekend and I noticed these problem for myself so far:

1) Facetime sometimes logs itself out
2) If i lock my screen and receive a text shortly after, the notification disappears from the lock screen
3) can't get passbook to work, app store works no problems but not passbook
4) Speaker phone, even on the lowest setting possible, just sounds way too loud
5) Siri's voice isn't as friendly/funny as it use to be

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
My Calendar notifications are working intermittently at best. I've tried banner/alert style and it's a hit or miss. I've rebooted the phone, restored as new, restored via iCloud, & via iTunes and nothing has fixed the Calendar notifications. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't. All my other notifications work fine (mail, messages, FB, etc...)

I set up an appointment at Apple today with the Genius Bar. Hopefully they know something I don't.

georgina_g

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 6 bugs and feedback - WIFI

Hiya
I've been having problems connecting to wireless networks that require authentication/log-in after connecting, like the one at work.
So the phone (iPhone 4) seems to connect to the network but I don't get the usual splash window to log-in or accept T&Cs like it should, therefore I can't connect.
I've tried to change the settings to Auto - HTTP but still not working... any ideas?!

cheers
g

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Some of the apps if I'm listening to music and open the app it keeps stoping the music for some reason even if you disable the audio in the app it keeps shutting off the mp3 which it never did before

blaine39

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Since I update my OS to 6.0 on both my iPhone 4S and IPad 2, I can't log into Yahoo Email (using Yahoo's site). I can log into Yahoo, but when i go into the email it opens starts downloading the message and then changes to " your session has expired - please log in". It has my user name and I enter the PW and it starts again like it's going to open as normal then goes back to your session has expired. I can go back to the main Yahoo or My Yahoo page and I'm still logged in, but if I click on mail it does the same thing again. When I try this on my Windows PC and Laptops, no issues. I even changed my PW from the yahoo page and it still does it. I did go into ":Settings" "Safari" and Cleared the History, Cookies and the "Advanced" and cleared out the "Website Data" and it will let me log in, but if I log out or close Safari and try to log back in or just go back to Yahoo Email it does the same thing again. I can also set up the Yahoo Email under the regular Mail and it works great there. but I can't go to yahoo and look at my email. Any Ideas or tricks?

Hayling_Billy

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I was about to complain that ios6 had screwed up my camera, in that a new photo did not allow you to send it or post it. At the bottom there was simply a camera icon and a trash symbol. What's more, Picasa was unable to upload the photo. The phone did call up iTunes however, which was a continual problem previously, so that's been fixed. Then I did a sync and left to take a few more shots.

Back home plugged into the pc and see there, Picasa works! AND the facility to post photos is repaired, with all sorts of icons. Good!

What ios6 seems to have done however is delete my photo stream and insert an old photo folder long since deleted (or so I thought).

It also changed the Siri language and voice (to female), the English servant and I were getting on famously. But I found him again and reinstalled him. He said he was pleased to be back...

On another note, looking for Siri tips, I read you could get him to recognize your family so you could ask him to 'call my wife, daughter, son...' Wife he did, but son and daughter are both 'child'. So I guess when I ask him to 'call my child' he'll ask, 'which one?' Daft bar steward!

Haven't noticed any glitches with apps yet, but will look further.

The maps seem superb though, and hr1 is playing James Taylor showering de peeple so much is well.

I forgot, it deleted ALL my appointments!

cheers

templetonryecy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
When I take a picture with the Camera app and slide left to view it immediately, often times the picture is pixelated. Rotating the phone sideways and back makes the picture appear clear. This is annoying.

When I have the flash on and take a picture, the capture animation is very choppy. It only occurs when using the flash. Previously, this animation was always so smooth and neat. Now it reminds me of an Android phone. And actually the capture animation even with the flash off sees "off." Just not as smooth as it used to be. Such a small thing but it just annoys me.

FYI, I upgraded over wifi, Verizon White 16GB 4S. I did not do a backup/restore.

Anyone else having these issues?

GlennRuss

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Do not know if this is an iOS6 bug, but this just started yesterday on September 23rd. iPhone 4S running iOS6, started dropping WiFi at various times. I was running Pandora on a strong WiFi signal, and looked at the phone, and it indicated 4G, the WiFi was not connected. Mine was listed, and I reconnected. Did it again. Did all the reset suggestions in other posts. Still a problem. The new iPad does not have this problem.

ruscolinni

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with the do not disturb feature. I have it set to "restrict calls from everyone" yet calls and notifications still come through. Anyone else have a problem? The feature is on because the little half moon is next to the time.... Just weird.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Anybody having FaceTime issues? Since the update, I've made several FaceTime calls to different family members who also updated to iOS 6..we both get poor connection and we are both at home on wifi during these calls. I've never gotten poor connection on a FaceTime call with iOS 5.

NSCRyan

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Updated my 4s on wednesday with the release worked like a champ, Got my 5 on friday and noticed right away the WiFi issues everyones been hearing about, So i grabbed my 4s deleted everything and set it up as my wife's new phone. Restored it from iTunes got it all set up and going, went to do a speed test noticed the same issue Im having on my 5 with Her 4s now(Which wasn't doing it when i had done the OTA upgrade wednesday). Really starting to think the WiFi issue is a software issue rather then a hardware issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Updated my 4s on wednesday with the release worked like a champ, Got my 5 on friday and noticed right away the WiFi issues everyones been hearing about, So i grabbed my 4s deleted everything and set it up as my wife's new phone. Restored it from iTunes got it all set up and going, went to do a speed test noticed the same issue Im having on my 5 with Her 4s now(Which wasn't doing it when i had done the OTA upgrade wednesday). Really starting to think the WiFi issue is a software issue rather then a hardware issue.

Have you checked out This thread regarding a fix for the Wi-Fi issue?