iTunes wif-fi sync

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It does not have to be plugged into a power source, but it will start syncing automagically when you plug it in.

Invid

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
However, it is NOT plugged into power so that part still confuses me since Apple manual says it must be plugged in.

It has been mentioned before, but I'll repeat it for posterity ;)

You can sync over wifi anytime you like (manually from settings). Your iOS 5 device must be plugged into power if you want it to wifi sync automatically.

Apple takes battery life seriously, as we all know, so they will only fire up the radio for syncing when they can be sure that your user experience will not suffer for it by leaving you with a dead battery.

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Aha, figured it out on my end at least...in my iTunes Preferences>Devices, I had the "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" box checked. Once I unchecked that, saved, and restarted iTunes, all was well and the grayed out Sync Now on my iPhone lit up again. (You may also need to restart your phone, though mine seems to be just fine.)

Wow, that was it!!! After I Unchecked that box for preventing auto syncing, everything work. Thanks for the post.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the news I haven't tried syncing over wifi yet and this would have prevented it from working thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2