Hotspot issues

mad_iphone4

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have hotspot issues while trying to connect to non Apple devices since iOS 13? I’m trying to hotspot to a Windows laptop(that’s all that Yaesu develops for). I can hotspot to my 2011 MBP but Amazon Kindle and the Windows 7 laptop is a no go. Been this way since I loaded 13 on my phone. Been on the phone with both Apple and VZW. It’s looking like it’s a software issue. Just wondering how many others are having this issue.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have hotspot issues while trying to connect to non Apple devices since iOS 13? I’m trying to hotspot to a Windows laptop(that’s all that Yaesu develops for). I can hotspot to my 2011 MBP but Amazon Kindle and the Windows 7 laptop is a no go. Been this way since I loaded 13 on my phone. Been on the phone with both Apple and VZW. It’s looking like it’s a software issue. Just wondering how many others are having this issue.

I’ve experienced the same issue. Haven’t had time to troubleshoot and try different laptops yet, hopefully today I can.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I did notice that they mentioned a new feature. Devices on your Apple ID do not require a password to connect to the hotspot.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I did notice that they mentioned a new feature. Devices on your Apple ID do not require a password to connect to the hotspot.

Definitive interested in verifying this, going to do some research.

Side note, seems I have a device issue (laptop) all my other non-Apple devices connect to hotspot just fine , except for the one laptop I use hotspot on frequently for work out in the field.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2