Issue with Mail on iOS 11.1.1

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I’m running the latest software release and am having the following issues.

With the mail app, I can open the notification for a new email and select Delete. However, it won’t actually delete the message until I go into the app itself and do it from there. For reference, I am having this problem with Outlook and AOL email addresses.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've ben having push issues with an outlook.com address, at least on my iPad, so I changed it from push to fetch every 15 minutes. You may want to see if that helps. (Settings / Accounts & Passwords, tap "Push" at the bottom, tap the Outlook and AOL addresses and change them from push to fetch, and change the fetch interval at the bottom to what you want.)

Dealz417

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I’m having the same problem, on 11.1.2

Marking emails as read or deleting them directly from the notification doesn’t actually do anything because going into the Mail app and the emails are still unread or not deleted.

I have hotmail/outlook and gmail accounts.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
If you hard press and hold on the notification, does it then come up with the mark as read or delete option?.. should.. if you just swipe left you can clear the notification but it won’t delete the email..

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I’ve since paid more attention.. when hard pressing/hold a notification on the Lock Screen, I can delete the email and it does it. When opening a notification from NC while unlocked and trying to delete, you are correct. It does NOT delete the email! So yes, I’m having same issue. Seems perhaps it’s been that way for a while..not sure when it started. I’m 6s+ on 11.1.2..

Dealz417

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
It helps, looks like this issue has been fixed. Deleted email via the notification (long press > delete) was actually deleted when going into the Mail app.

Haven’t yet tested Mark as read but I’m sure it’s fine now too.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
It helps, looks like this issue has been fixed. Deleted email via the notification (long press > delete) was actually deleted when going into the Mail app.

Haven’t yet tested Mark as read but I’m sure it’s fine now too.

Yup, I just tried it on this thread email notification..works fine!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2